Not open for further replies.
Hi every 1
I have Hp server with win200 pro
I trayed to update to winxp I:
  • hold f8
  • deleted logical drives
  • and holded ECS to go back and install winxp
  • changed the boot to cd room
but when the setup finsh loading and says press enter to setup winxp this massege appers
SETUP DID NOT FIND ANY HARD DISK DRIVES INSTALLED IN YOUR COMPUTER

-----
I HAVE 3 HARD DISK DRIVES IN MY COMPUTER HP
SN: Q0XJLSJ11G
MODEL: BF072863B6

CAN ANY 1 PLEASE HELP

Is your hard drives IDE or SATA?

If the drives are SATA, you have to press F6 at the begining of XP setup (it will tell you when at the bottom of the screen). And then you have to load the SATA drivers from a floppy disk.

If the drives are IDE, make sure the jumpers and cabling is right.

If your drives are on an IDE/SATA dedicated controller, you will still need to load the drivers.

Vigilante said:
Is your hard drives IDE or SATA?

If the drives are SATA, you have to press F6 at the begining of XP setup (it will tell you when at the bottom of the screen). And then you have to load the SATA drivers from a floppy disk.

If the drives are IDE, make sure the jumpers and cabling is right.

If your drives are on an IDE/SATA dedicated controller, you will still need to load the drivers.

What kind of drives ?
HP hard drives
72.8GB 15000 RPM WIDE ULTRA320 SCSI

How are they configured?
1ST I DELETED THE LOGICAL DRIVERS I PRESSED F8 AND DELETED AND WHEN I TRAY TO CREAT A LOGIC DRIVE AGIN ITS COFIGER AS RAID

are you installing Cleanly or on top of W2K ?
YES IM INSTALLING A CLEAN WINXP

Does your bios recognize the Drives?
I THINK YES BECOUSE IS SAYS
HP SMART ARAY 2 LOGICAL DRIVES :blackeye:

-------------------------------
FROM WHERE DO I DOWNLOAD THE DRIVERS PLEASE? CAN U GIVE ME A LINK?

You may need to configure the drives from within the SCSI setup program. Usually you will see something like "press F4 to configure RAID" or something like that. If the scsi utility has a setup program, see what is in there.

To get the drivers for the SCSI adapter, we need the model of your SCSI adapter. Then we can get the necessary drivers from the manufacturers web site.

The reason XP can't see your drives is because it doesn't have a built in driver for your SCSI adapter. The driver usually comes on a floppy when you get the equipment new. But in this case, we may have to just put the right driver files onto a floppy manually.

Vigilante said:
You may need to configure the drives from within the SCSI setup program. Usually you will see something like "press F4 to configure RAID" or something like that. If the scsi utility has a setup program, see what is in there.

To get the drivers for the SCSI adapter, we need the model of your SCSI adapter. Then we can get the necessary drivers from the manufacturers web site.

The reason XP can't see your drives is because it doesn't have a built in driver for your SCSI adapter. The driver usually comes on a floppy when you get the equipment new. But in this case, we may have to just put the right driver files onto a floppy manually.
I pressed F4 and nothing comes out actully I preesed every thing to configure the raid

the modell its
compaq 64-bit Dual wide ultra3 scsi adapter drivers

is that what u mean by modell?

Hmm, HP doesn't have any drivers for that adapter on their web site. That is, they DO have the card, but don't have any software to download.

Maybe XP just can't see the RAID? If you can break the RAID that would be good. You might even go so far as to remove two hard drives and try to load XP with just one plugged in.
Otherwise, I don't know why there isn't a driver from HP, because it sounds like XP needs one to be able to see your drives.

Here's the link to HP for that adapter:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...d=370598&submit.y=9&submit.x=13&lang=en&cc=us

You may have to contact HP about this, I'm not a SCSI guru, but I'm guessing XP needs some driver.
Also since this is a compaq branded card, it may well have a different manufacturers chipset. If you could look on the adapter itself and see what the chips say. It may be another chip we could research to find a compatible driver.

Anybody else have any ideas?

Vigilante said:
Hmm, HP doesn't have any drivers for that adapter on their web site. That is, they DO have the card, but don't have any software to download.

Maybe XP just can't see the RAID? If you can break the RAID that would be good. You might even go so far as to remove two hard drives and try to load XP with just one plugged in.
Otherwise, I don't know why there isn't a driver from HP, because it sounds like XP needs one to be able to see your drives.

Here's the link to HP for that adapter:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...d=370598&submit.y=9&submit.x=13&lang=en&cc=us

You may have to contact HP about this, I'm not a SCSI guru, but I'm guessing XP needs some driver.
Also since this is a compaq branded card, it may well have a different manufacturers chipset. If you could look on the adapter itself and see what the chips say. It may be another chip we could research to find a compatible driver.

Anybody else have any ideas?

what abiut hp smart arry 641 controler any drivers?

You can find that driver here:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/storage/us/family/model/5559.html?lang=en&cc=us

Still doesn't have XP though :(
You might try to use the Win2000 drivers on XP, it may work.

[edit]Forgot to mention. What you want to do is go to that link, download the Win2000 driver, NOT the extentions, it's the upper link. Then run that and choose extrac. Place all those files on blank floppy disk. Then run XP setup again, and at the begining when it says press F6, press it! A little later it will ask for drivers, you tell it to look, and see what's on that floppy.[/edit]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back