Help with monitor flicker

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been week from hell! I finally got win xp home installed after many installs and losing data and now my monitor flickers! I would say it flickers once or twice about every2-4 minuts as though my PC is preparing to go into sleep mode or start the screen saver. I have updated the video card drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and associated software. I have turned off the screen saver. I have an MSI 6800 256mb at 1280 X 800 32bit( card does not go any higher). Core clock and memory are at default. HArdware acceleration was at full and lowered a notch. I am at a loss.

PC hardware:
A8N-SLI Deluxe Mobo
2GB Corsari Ram pc3200
AMB 64 3400+
Audigy 2 ZS Pro
Hauppauge 150
MSI 6800

Hi and welcome to Techspot :)

1. what brand is your PSU and how many watts is it rated?

2. does it do it on lower resolutions as well?

What I have is an ultra xconnect 500w power supply. My hard drive config is three 200gb wd se drives setup in a raid 5, one 200gb wd se for backups, and my recent addition is the 150gb raptor which has the OS and has several partitions for dual booting. It used to work just fine until the raptor addition. My suspecions are the PSU since the lighted fans have completely burned out. Ultra products are sending a replacement and upgrade--I'll be receiving another crappy product rated at 550w. This is my second replacement with them. I have the feeling it is failing because my usb mouse has stopped working despite the fact I have plugged it in different ports. But I am just troubleshooting to R/O other possibilities.

Thanks for your response. I have placed questions on several forums but no one has responded. Any other forums I should try?

well if a psu is failing like that, then it may be wise to install a psu with some protection in it or some sort of surge protector from the power outlet to the pc (not the cheap $5 you'd get formt the groceries, those big name stuff like Belkin, Surgemaster or APC etc....)

you may also want to look for damage on your mobo and other components

i would suggest you go out a buy a quality brand PSU like Antec, Enermax, Fortron, or Sparkle to name a few.

the xconnect PSUs look pretty, but as far as I know of, they are not known for their quality (but i could be wrong )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back