Help with Monitor refresh rates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully you guys can help me out. My roommate decided shed go and test out her monitor refresh rates. She mistakingly chose one that her monitor cant do. Everytime we start up, we cant get passed the Windows log in before a warning on her monitor comes on saying it cant process the new refresh rate. How do we change this since we cant get back into windows to change the refresh rates back?

You'll have to start in Safe Mode, which will not load your video drivers. From here, you can change your refresh rate setting.

You can make it to safe mode by tapping the F8 key the instant before/during the Windows boot logo.

Originally posted by scorn
Hopefully you guys can help me out. My roommate decided shed go and test out her monitor refresh rates. She mistakingly chose one that her monitor cant do. Everytime we start up, we cant get passed the Windows log in before a warning on her monitor comes on saying it cant process the new refresh rate. How do we change this since we cant get back into windows to change the refresh rates back?

We tried safe mode already and we still got the same msg

I don't understand that then.

If you have Windows XP or 2000, have you tried the VGA Mode option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back