Help with overclocking duo core 2 2.6 ghz processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUDEBWOY

Any one that can help me on a 1 on 1 basis to over clock my duo core 2 2.6 ghz processor i will be more than greatful to throw you a little something in paypal if your willing to work with me on a 1 on 1 basis to do this let me know asap and how i can contact you thanks a lot.

Any one over clocked a core 2 duo 2.6 ghz?

if so what ghz seems to do the trick to keep it stable ive read around 3.6 ghz is pretty good and if so mind helping me doing this cause ive never did this befor.

RUDEBWOY,

first off, don't bother with the "AI Booster". you cannot significantly overclock from windows, it must be done through your motherboard's BIOS menu. depending on your current BIOS version, you may wish to flash to a newer BIOS. newer versions often times allow for better, more stable operation/overclocking.

secondly, overclocking is not a difficult process and as such, does not require 1-on-1 training. it can however, be a slow and tedious process to reach your absolute maximum overclock, and your maximum stable overclock.

There are tons of easy to follow step by step guides on overclocking all over the internet.

• Here is a good beginner's to the BIOS options you'll need to familiarize yourself with. the guide is for an E4300 but the same overclocking concepts apply to all C2D models. I strongly suggest you read through this first, it will give you the basic knowledge you need to overclock any C2D processor.
  • Here is an less-in-depth guide (from the same site) on overclocking the E6700, this one assumes you already have a basic overclocking knowledge, so read the guide above first.

read those over and you should have all the knowledge you need to overclock your E6700. if after reading those, you still have questions... I'll be glad to help (but you need to learn to BIOS terms and functions yourself)

good luck :wave:

Thanks for linking to my articles KingCody and good luck with the overclocking RUDEBWOY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back