Help with radeon 9700pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skv|Kimber

i got a Radeon 9700 pro. I use the newest beta drivers that work with dx9. I use the newest control panel. I use the rage3d tweak found at www.guru3d.com . I get great performance everywhere, but it will not allow me to turn off FSAA. If you can help me with some performance settings and FSAA, plz respond. I want the graphics to reamin good, and get even better performance, my fps is amazing but it wont let me just turn fsaa off, it just clicks Let program choose preference, help, if you can ;\

The fact that they are beta drivers may be the reason you cant turn fsaa off. try using the latest non beta drivers. there isnt much point in using beta DX9 drivers when there are no DX9 games or applications.

The non beta drivers are the same. Going from Nvidia to ATI I found it strange that there was no "Off" setting. Anyway since all the reviews and benchmarks done show results with no AA then using the "application preference" setting basically means no AA, unless there is a video setting in the game/application itself which turns AA on.

In registry, there is a key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ATI Technologies\Driver\xxxx\atidxhal\AntiAlias

where settings are: 2 = Enabled (forced), 1 = Enabled by Application Preference, 0 = Disabled.

(xxxx = number given by Window$)

yea thxn for the registry line, it was a little different for me in windows xp, but i found it, thanks for the help, it should be turned off now, i set it from 1 to 0. ty

lol im sorry but i dont see your registry line, and i did find a desktop antialias, but it did nothing, any more suggestions?

Did you try what Arris suggested ?

driver.gif

When you click on "Disabled", the FSAA quality slider will be desactivated, meaning that FSAA will not be forced onto 3D applications.

Just make sure FSAA isn't enabled within the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back