help with router

Status
Not open for further replies.

jujainlapet

can anybody tell me how to lock my router because my internet has been going slower lately and i think somebody is hooked up to my router if i cant lock my router can u show me another router to buy i have dsl.

Hi,

Why do you suspect the reason for your internet slowing to be that? There are often a multitude of reasons which could possibly cause an internet slow down, so I'd just like to clarify with you.

If you suspect some unauthorized person is connecting to your network, may I suggest strengthening the pass codes and the encryption method for the network. For more information on that, please see HERE.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of jujainlapet only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

umm i checked my network thing or whatever sry im young and im trying to find my way onto computer or whatever and it says 2 computers and 1 device is connected to my wireless router

Hi,

Have you tried the advice for changing encryption and keys for your router in the link I gave you previously? If your password strength is good, you could perhaps try changing your password to a custom one like I do at home and let the encryption do the work. (Make sure your custom password is strong though, like a combination of numbers, letters and symbols perhaps)

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of jujainlapet only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

wait how do i set a password for my router because thats the main question im asking how do i lock my router??

Hi,

I think I finally got what you are saying lol. Depending on your router, you would open your browser and type in the router's address. There would be options there available for you to set a password.

Here are the different router types and the address to enter in the search bar.
Netgear 192.168.0.1
D-Link 192.168.0.1
Linksys 192.168.1.1
Belkin 192.168.2.1

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

Hi,

You have to enter the address and press enter. Wait for the page to load and the options will be available if you search. Let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

Hi,

Frankly, I'm not sure the reason why you might experience slowness in connecting to that page. Does this occur for normal web usage too?

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

sometimes the internet goes fast and sometimes it just slows down for no reason and im having a hard time trying to lock the router i have a Belkin can anybody give me like a step by step instructions??

Hi,

Go to your browser and type in http://192.168.2.1 in the search address. This will bring up your router configuration page.

Next, go to the section that lets you set a password. It is probably under wireless security, set a password or "network key". Please use a strong password (long combination of numbers and letters)

If it asks what kind of security you want (eg. WPA, WEP, etc.) choose WPA-PSK.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

lol ty so much it worked im happy thanks man one of the people got tooken off and i think the other one is my other compter but ty

Glad to be of help.

Should you face any further problems please post in this thread.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

hey momok uh.. i ran into some problems when i lock my router i notice that my wireless cannot find my router any more so i tried another secruity thing and i chose the wpa with the server dunno but it ask me to put in a Radius Server can u tell me what that is

Hi,

I believe you would find all the information under HERE.

Do remember our recommendations that WPA is still the better choice for encryption.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

password belkin

hello i just joined your community out of dire necessity.

I found the help i need for finding the password make up in my belkin.

You go there under the last category " utilities"

there you find the possibility to do a number of things including making a password.

regards and thanks

rob bijpost, psychotherapist, holland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back