help with starting up vice city

Status
Not open for further replies.
i installed everything fine and then double clicked the gta vc icon i get the egg time loader on my mouse and a little grunt from the computer but then ......NOTHING im so angry please help i dont no what to do
btw i already have directx 9 and enough memory
thanks in advance dixy

if you have a legit copy(a legal version)then take it back to the store and get a new copy..
But if you have non legit version, then im afraid you are gonna have to go away...

I had a similar problem the other day. 3 out of 4 games i tried wouldnt load. What had happended was that i installed a few programs for dual monitor's which by the looks of things had overwritten something in my video drivers. Try re-installing your graphic card driver's this worked for me. Something could of changed them or a file could be corrupt somewhere.. give it a whirl you may be suprised.. just go to Nvidia or Ati depending which card you have and download the latest drivers for your card ;)

I'm having the exact same problem...except the game works fine on my desktop but not on my laptop. I have windows xp & all the requirements. My laptop is a http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...ogon=&langid=EN

What should I do. My desktop was only 40gb & didn't have updated video & audio drives yet it worked (was very slow tho). I have a legit copy but I can't take it back...since I received it last yr (got my laptop yesterday) & it was a gift.

Any help would be greatly appreciated or send me an email at babybluetopaz@gmail.com

This is really weird...I have the sims 8 in 1 ( I downloaded that off of a torrent site) & that game installed fine & works perfectly on my laptop (which I didn't expect). But GTA Vice City (legal cd...was given to me as a gift) installs fine & will not launch at all. I have 80gb memory, 512mb ram, it's a toshiba (m70-sr3), intel centrino, pentium 4. It will not let me launch the game at all. What should I do?

Is there some type of security feature I should turn off which is blocking the problem??

Plz help!

Do u have a standalone video card on ur laptop or is it an integrated one? And if it is integrated, what is the shared memory size? If its integrated, then Vice City will probably not work.

I have 128mb of shared memory...so if u have shared memory...games don't work at all? Does this mean that my video card is not good at all?
Because I had 64mb of shared memory for my video graphics card on my desktop & gta vice city works but it just runs slow.

Vice CIty and older games will run. But new games like F.E.A.R. or BF2 will not run. This is because the card uses ur laptop's RAM to store graphics data, like textures etc. So the amount of RAM available is drastically reduced. This also means that u should get a standalone card fitted and yes, ur current video card is not good at all. Give me ur budget and preferred brand of video card(i.e. ATI or NVIDIA) and I'll get u some info.

I recently bought a Toshiba Satellite Intel Pentium M 740 1.73 GHZ Laptop (M70-SR3) with an Intel Pentium M Processor 740-1.73 GHz, 15.4" WXGA TFT w/Trubrite, 512 MB DDR, 100GB 5400rpm HDD S-ATA, DVD Super-multi Double Layer, Intel 802.11a/g Wireless and Graphics: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 900 With 128 MB DDR Shared Video Memory.

So GTA vice city & san andreas will not work on this laptop?

What about this video card: ATI Radeon XPRESS 200M With 128MB DDR
The comp is an AMD Turion 64 ML-32 Processor And 1.8GHz Processor Speed, 80GB 5200rpm hard drive, 1Gb of ram & 1mb L2.

Would this be any better?

The X200 laptop would be better. Vice City may work on the first one but definitely not San Andreas. So, yeah, the second one would be better.

but do u think I could just purchase a good card & install it or are there onlyl certain cards that are compatible w/certain comp's

how difficult is it to install a new card...would I be able 2 do it myself or would I need to take it in or something?

For laptops, I really do not know. Laptops have issues with high-end video cards coz the latter can get really hot sometimes and thats not good for a laptop. The X200 Mobility Radeon would be okay for San Andreas and Vice City though. Wait awhile and someone else might just see ur post and help u out, coz I can't figure out what exactly to recommend to u. Hope u understand.
Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year :D

I purchased an AMD Athlon 64 notebook w/an ATI Mobility Radeon Xpress 200 series vid card w/128mb dedicated memory. GTA Vice City installed properly & runs fine. However, I tried to play a rampage mission (the one where u gotta kill the gang members) & it doesn't work for me. I can start the mission but when I shoot the ppl the # killed does not decrease. It remains the same no matter how many gang ppl I kill (& I'm shooting the right ppl). It's weird cause the normal missions work fine so far.
Do I have to change something w/the settings or am I not doing something right? Cause I like those missions :haha:

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Are u shooting the gang members, i.e. the guys gathered around in groups of 3-5 each? But if u are, then thats a very wierd problem I've never seen before. :unch:

yeah i'm positive they are the right guys...cause I've played the game b4 & I'm familiar with this mission (it's kinda fun..lol & easy). They are in groups & all look similar.

I know it's very weird...so far I haven't had any major problems with the game...but I've only played the first few levels so I dunno.
I've googled the problem but I haven't found anyone that has experienced this b4.

All I can say that its the wierdest problem I've ever seen! Have u tried soing other rampages BTW? Or is it an issue with all of them?

There are other rampages throughout Vice City. If u wanna try 2 different ones, go to Ocean Beach near the lighthouse(at the end of Ocean Beach i.e. going towards Cortez's place, don't turn but go onto the beach, u'll find the lighthouse if u don't know where it is). One rampage comes just before the lighthouse and one is right beside it, on the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back