Help with top of line comp build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would ditch the WD Raptor and get another 160GB Barracuda

Also, the web-references in that list do not match the described components.
You trying to fool us with some wannabe-PC?

You ask all these questions about the most expensive PC accessories, yet I saw you complain about the price of some cheap memory ($20.-) that your father got, and you want to spend nearly $3'000 on a PC?
Get off your high horse!

my fathers cheap, im not, i have 3000 to spend and the thing costs 2817, with tax+shipping it'll be about 3000

and why ditch the raptor? i dont want to raid

i thin it would be better to go with raid, becuase i say a rapitor compaird to a regulat 7200 rpm drive and theres nnot muc difference, is this ur first build???

good luck

ya its my 1st build, now y would i go raid, i wouldnt wna go raid0 b/c of the dangers of losing all my data, and i dont rly see a point in raid1 for me

ripken204 said:
ya its my 1st build, now y would i go raid, i wouldnt wna go raid0 b/c of the dangers of losing all my data, and i dont rly see a point in raid1 for me
true, but, raptors in my opnion are a wast, theres no real gain, if u dont like raid then just get a WD 250 or something, take look at the thred "tips for builders" ive never built one yet, but i hope it works out, i think u sohlud buy all ur stuff from www.newegg.com, there the best and very relable and helpful

why do u hate raptors? they are so much better/faster than any other drive

and i chose my secondary drive b/c it has NCQ/sataII

Not always the best choice

ripken204 said:
why do u hate raptors?

they are so much better/faster than any other drive

I dont think he hates raptors, but is giving some advice...do you need the speed? what do you plan to put on it?
ripken204 said:
they are so much better/faster than any other drive
No they are not the fastest

Sean

yes i dont hate them, i mean i was thingig of putting a raptor 1 36gb in my futre rig, but for you i dont thknik u need them, ill try to find the benchmarks that sohw raptors are a wast price wise

so true,i dont think there as good as they say they ar,everybodys goin crazyfor them because it 10000 rpm a whopping 2800 more ten a normal drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back