Help with tv-out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
help with geforce4 tv-out (to vcr)!

Okay, here's the deal.

A little blend of old and new. I have a geforce4 and have used the s-video out (with the help of an s-video to rca converter) to watch stuff on my tv before. I have about a thousand video files that I want to back up to video (yeah... as in vhs. remember that?) but whenever I run the (converted) s-video cable into "in" on the back of the vcr and record it, all i get is static. What's the deal here? I think I remember hearing something about TV's decoding the signal so I assume that is something a VCR can't do, but I'm wondering if maybe there's a way to get this thing working and get around the problem. ANy help would be appreciated.

Are you sure you have your VCR set up to record from the inputs. One of mine does this automatically if connected, but my other doesn't, I have to select the inputs in order to record from them.

yea

yeah, its totally set to the right input. what's the deal with "scan converters?" I was looking around and it seems like one of these might be a solution, but i don't want to spend 100 bux when all i have to do is change a setting or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back