Help with Upgrade CPU from Celeron to P4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All....... :giddy:
First of all let me say you guys do a great job.... I've been reading few of the threads and wow man... I sure did learn a lot of stuff...
Okay I'm a Developer but no good with hardware knowledge though...
My current system Emachines T1840....
CPU , Celeron 1.8 GHz, Imperial mobo, 845G CHIP,W/PUSH PIN, H/SINK:3713S, 256 MB DDR 2100.
I want to do a good upgrade for as less as posible.
I'm planing to change my CPU to a P4 2.4G. Is this posible without changing my mobo, since it is suppose to support P4 (478 socket)also.
If so what all changes should I do? I tried and tried and came here with this new thread. I know its is not going to as easy as plug and play. Is there a website that i can gothrough?
Is it posible to install a P4 with hyper threading? (because the 845G chipset supports Hyperthreading but has FBS of 533/400, and all hyperthreading processors that i saw had a FBS of 800)
Can i use a DDR 2700 instead of DDR 2100 since both have 184 pin ?
I know thats a lot 2 ask... even if you reffer me to some site , that would be great..... thanks for your time in advance....
~Raj........ :grinthumb

depends on your board's specs. find out it's manufacturer and model # and get the specs from them. if it is an oem board then you'll have to call the company that makes them. you can get up to 1 gb of ram in there, pc2100 is the highest supported. you might need oem ram too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back