help with win xp possibly the registry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i have a virus or malware on my computer just don't know how to get rid of it so i ask you good people for help. here's some of the symptoms my computer is displaying:

-very sluggish to start windows
-after everything loads there's an error message about the bluetooth stack not starting
-windows task manager displays nothing on the name column
-double clicking on a desktop icon such as a jpeg does not start the appropiate program associated with the icon
-running programs won't display on the taskbar
-minimizing the programs mininize them on top of the taskbar.

I've tried running different scans with adaware and it comes back empty, avg antivirus with no luck and i try doing an activescan from the panda website and the scan won't even start. can somebody help me, i don't wanna start from a fresh install. the computer still works i'm using it right now to post this message. any help would be greatly appreciated.

You`re running HJT from the wrong location and have not renamed it as per the instructions I gave you.

Please visit this link http://virusscan.jotti.org/
* Click the Browse... button
* Navigate to the following file C:\Program Files\AlphaXP Lite\AlphaXPLite.exe
* Click Open
* Please let me know the results.

Post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

sorry about that i feel like a total ***** I posted the wrong logfile since I was running hjt before i found this forum.

ran alphaxplite.exe at the link you gave me it's clean nothing found. btwit's a program to set the taskbar transparency

thanks for being so patient
here's the correct log from c:\program files \hjt
View attachment 23223

Can`t see anything nasty there, but that doesn`t necessarily mean your system is clean.

Possibly time for a more indepth look.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

howard_hopkinso said:
Can`t see anything nasty there, but that doesn`t necessarily mean your system is clean.

Possibly time for a more indepth look.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

well it took forever but i finally finished running all the software let's see where should i start...

first zonealarm would not install on my system for some odd reason so i installed comodo firewall instead.

avg antivirus woud not work either so I used avast.

the online virus scan was a failure could not even start it on explorer. when i tried on firefox i received the following error message:

warning: housecall.API did not define a native binding.

vendofix also gave me an error message:
runtime error_1_2147023174(800706ba)
system error 8h806706ba(-2147023174)
the RCP server is unavailable

adaware also game me an error:

system error 1810
service not online, application terminates

here are the fresh HJT
View attachment 23287

avgantispyware
View attachment 23288

and finally the combofix log