Help with wireless g configuration - low connection, cuts out often

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am a bit new to the wireless world and can't seem to figure out why I am having problems. I had a wireless b router and card but I found it was very slow and would disconnect often, so I purchased a motorola wireless g card and a gigafast router. I followed all the instructions carefully and set my desktop to the ip address indicated and set my laptop to obtain an ip automatically. My g connection is still slow and often disconnects. It is always low. I tried renewing the ip on both computers, setting a specific ip on my laptop and so on. So far nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any idea what I can do? On my desktop I have my router which is at a set ip and my modem is set up to obtain it automatically, as is my laptop.

Thanks in advance,

GD

a weak signal can account for your troubles, this depends on building construction and the distance between the router and card. what kind of wireless security do you have enacted?

as far as your low signal strength goes, try moving your wireless router to the highest point possible in the room(they tend to work better the higher they are)

as far as it constantly disconnecting, read this post read this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back