[HELP] XP install on Poweredge2800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm kind of new at this, and I need some help. I'm trying to install windows XP pro on my Dell Poweredge 2800 and I have no idea what to do. Could someone please provide a step to step guide on what exactly I should do? I have a RAID configuration, and the furthest I've gotten is to the blue XP create a new partition screen. Thing is that there are no drives listed. Again I have no idea what to do, can someone please help?

Most likely you are going to need to load up your RAID drivers before you can actually install. There is a screen early on after booting from the XP disk that says Press F6 to Install 3rd Party or RAID Drivers or some such like that. Then it will ask where the drivers are, you point it to the drivers and then continue the install like normal.

where would those drivers be? are they on the install CD, or do I have to put them on a FLoppy, and if so, Where would I be able to find them?
Sorry, for all the questions, its just that I don't get this Server stuff at all, its my first time with RAID

Putting it on a floppy is the easiest way to do it, although I think there are other methods. You'd have to check Dell for the drivers, and if they don't have them find out what RAID controller the system uses and then google for the XP drivers.

Hey thanks that worked out great! Only one thing now... The drivers! Can I use the ones from dell which were designed for Windows Server 2003? Or is there another place?

Can someone provide a link?
*Don't link google. I'm already trying that*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back