Help!!! *yyy65.html pop-ups!! they wont go away

Status
Not open for further replies.

computerkid

ok! i have tried everything possible to get rid of this such as running norton antivirus, spysweeper, hijackthis, ect. and i have also tried following stps given to people w/ the same problems as me..and ..nothing!! it didnt work. can someone please tell me what to do to get rid of these pop-up..and possibly to help protect my computer better... i am using firefox web browser.

PLEASE HELP!!

and also just recently this pop-up keeps comming up telling me that scrips can be bad or whatnot and it seems to me like there is somthing in my computer that is trying to run a script....

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

First. Please edit your post, and remove your HJT log, and those url`s. we wouldn`t want anyone to inadvertently click on those.

Go HERE and have your computer scanned.

Then, go and read both these threads by RBS. follow all the instructions exactly.

How to remove Trojans and its ilk! and How to remove Begin2search / coolwebsearch and other nasties.

Then see. How to post your Hijackthis log-file as an ATTACHMENT.

Finally. Once you have completed the above. Post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

thanks

ok i will change it..thank u i will be sure to post a fresh HJT log (as an attachment) ..sorry most other forum site you just post it in the word box.

o and one more thing ..how long does the trend micro thing usually take ..the screen has been saying transfering data for like 5 minutes already?

Just give it time. A lot will depend on how fast your internet connection is, and how busy the website is. If for any reason it doesn`t complete. Forget it for now, and move on to the other instructions.

Regards Howard :)

ok thanks alot for the help i will get u a HJT log by atleast9:00-9:15 atleast (eastern standerd time) its 8:40 here right now

You need to follow all the instructions first, before posting a fresh HJT log.

So. Take your time, and try to follow all the instructions carefully.

it didnt work!!

i did everything it asked me too step by step and it was ok nothing poped up but right when i opened firefox the pop-ups started... do you have any more sugestions

i have atached my HJT log

although i am currently scanning my computer with norton antivirus ... maybe it will find it and delete it but i have scanned it 26 time within the past week and it hasnt helped much so .. i dont know

ohh my gosshhh.. something that i have never seen before just poped up on my desktop as an icon..i know not to click on it but this is getting even worse than before.. the name below the icon is " REMOVE SPYWARE " and the icon is a red stop sign and in it says " SPY ware"...!!!

now there are many processes running that i dont know ..i will list them for you

MsPMSPS.exe
vsmon.exe
wdfmgr.exe
spoolsv.exe
symlcsvc.exe
CCEVTMGR.EXE
SPBBCSvc.exe
SNDSrvc.exe
rundll32.exe
CCSETMGR.EXE
svchost.exe<< THERE ARE 4 OF THEM RUNNING
CCAPP.EXE
WRSSDK.exe
nvsvc32.exe
NPFMNTOR.EXE
NAVAPSVC.EXE
now i am hoping thoes are not all bad ..i hope there is a way to get rid of them..

ok this is my last entry before i go to bed...icons are poping up on my desktop every minute or so since the spyware one i have gottin "online dating" "cheap holiday travel" and " free online music" please do what ever u can to help savage my comp... i will check these boards at about 3:00PM eastern standard time

you have to give us time to answer, dont triple post insted you can use the EDIT feature

1st suggestin is you get rid of NORTON, it slows down your system and isbnt a great antivirus IMO

Your HJT log looks clean, are you still having truble

Boot into safe mode, and turn off system restore.

Run HJT with no other programmes open, and let HJT fix the following.

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://yahoo.sbc.com/dsl
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://yahoo.sbc.com/dsl

O20 - Winlogon Notify: policies - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lv8009lme.dll

Close HJT.

Delete the following bold file.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lv8009lme.dll

Reboot into normal mode, and turn system restore back on.

ok

sorry about the triple post .. i forgot i could edit them.. umm what antivirus should i use instead of norton? (thats free)

o and i will follow your steps ..intead of one thing..my system restor dosnt work anymore..i dont know exactly why but it has stopped working...?

The free AVG antivirus programme is very good, as is the free Zonealarm firewall.

you can get them HERE and HERE

Once you`ve downloaded them, disconnect from the internet, and uninstall that Symantec crap. You may need to go into add remove programmes several times in order to get rid of it.

Reboot your system.

Install the AVG free, followed by Zonealarm, and then reboot your system again.

Reconnect to the internet, and download the latest AVG updates.

Boot into safe mode and run a complete system scan with AVG.

Then run HJT and post a fresh log.

ok i already have zonealarm (my dad paid for the good one or sumtin i think...is that ok or should i get the free one)

yea the pro is always a little better and if you have it why not :knock:
follow howards instuctions, then post a hjt log from safemode, then howars will come and check it and find more then me like always ;)

ok i did everything you said.. um the AVG anti-virus didnt find anything tho...

i have attached my HJT log .. from in safemode

i havnt had a pop-up in about an hour so i think i am good but i would still like youy to take a look at my HJT log and possibly give me more fixes for other small problems i might have

also if you could tell me all the programs i should have downloaded to protect my computer the best....info- i have DSL(switching to comcast in april) and i currently am usuing firefox..... although i do still have the sbc yahoo dsl browser downloaded

It looks like you're clean.

I'd just get a firewall, like Zonealarm Free, an antivirus (besides Norton), such as AVG Free, and some spyware protection. I'd recommend Ad-Aware and Spybot.

is winamp player a bad thing to have on your computer because i have had it for a while and in every forum they say to delete it??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back