Help!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sensei

My system temp is reading at 33degress!!!!!!! In BIOS it says my system fan is not moving but I opened it and it was fine

Could this be dust related, because the fan has quite a lot of dust behind it, if so how do I clean it without stuffing it up?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!
WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!
33 is fine, for cleaning - use compressed air. Settle down man, its not like your processor was 92C or something, wow.
Even motherboard temps of that range are fine, sometimes I wonder about humans....

The fan indicator won't show as spinning unless you hook the fan sensor up as appropriate- consult your motherboard's manual. It's nothing to worry about if it shows as not spinning. Just means the sensor either isn't connected properly, or isn't working.

33C/91.4F is actually quite reasonable. I'd worry if you got up around 43C/110F, and I know other people don't even think that's unreasonable.

The temperature will vary greatly depending on the brand/speed of your processor, type of heatsink, fan. Just be sure the temperature stays relatively consistent when running, and if it ever spikes significantly over what it used to be. Keep your eye on it, you'll be fine.

33C is fine. Its good, I think. I wouldn't be worrying. If something is wrong, you shall soon know :evil: .

After reading an article I checked my board and saw that the system fan connector was empty. There is nothing connected to it! I have a GA-7VRX so where do I stick the system fan? On the VIA KT333 chip?

Looks to me like your fan is probably just connected to one of the MOLEX plugs rather than to the place for it on the mobo. The only thing this hurts, is the ability for it to be monitored by the BIOS or any other monitoring application. There is nothing to worry about. You can change this by changing the connector with one that fits the board, or getting another fan. If it gives you some feeling of security, you could probably add another fan if there is room, and connect it to the connector for the system fan.

Where do you recommend I put the other fan?
My temps start at 16 degrees(sys) and at the time of freezing they reach 36-38 degrees
Maybe my board doesn't handle temps like that really well.
I'm using the stock AMD fan but I swear everytime it reaches 30+ it starts freezing,blue screen of death,errors

Whats the best system fan for an AMD athlon XP 2100+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back