Hercules Game Theater XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

boeingfixer

Hey all,

Anyone have this card/setup.

I have a little problem. When my computer boots up I get a loud pops from the speakers. This happens only on boot up. This did not happen when I had my Philips Accustic Edge.

Any suggestions ?

Probably nothing to worry about, I'd assume its just the power going to the external rack when the soundcard initialises.

Hey 3DSThomas,

Thanks for the info. You are right, it is not a big deal, its just annoying when I reboot. Just was curious if anyone had the same problem and a fix.

Originally posted by boeingfixer
Hey 3DSThomas,

Thanks for the info. You are right, it is not a big deal, its just annoying when I reboot. Just was curious if anyone had the same problem and a fix.

I have the same problem when muting my speakers from w2k... When I mute/demute (is that a word?) I get a pop sound from my speakers...

Easiest way to fix it is by leaving your speakers turned off until windows has finished loading :D

Or you could put on some extra capacitators, as they should stop the suddenly flow of electricity...

I'd "assume" that's it anyway. Usually the same happens if you shutdown your system when the speakers still on, a pop should happen then too.

I think i'll stick with the first suggestion and just live with it. :)

But thanks for all your help anyway.

I have a similar problem with my Audigy X-gamer card and Acoustic speakers. I have a 4 speaker setup and when I start or shutdown my computer I get a thump, I believe from the sudden rush of electricity. Not really much to do about this problem I would think unless like MrGaribaldi says add some capacitators, but that seems a little extreme for such a small problem.

Originally posted by SuperCheetah
I have a 4 speaker setup and when I start or shutdown my computer I get a thump,
yes, i have that too. Audigy + FPS1800
i dunno if that rush of electricity you said would ruin my speakers in the long run or not, so i just turn the speakers off before turning off the pc.

Originally posted by SuperCheetah
I have a similar problem with my Audigy X-gamer card and Acoustic speakers. I have a 4 speaker setup and when I start or shutdown my computer I get a thump, I believe from the sudden rush of electricity. Not really much to do about this problem I would think unless like MrGaribaldi says add some capacitators, but that seems a little extreme for such a small problem.

Me too, I think this is normal and there's nothing much to worry.

For those with Herculese GT XP: If you have exessive pop sounds it might be that the Stereo Expansion is enabled when it should not be. you can disable it in the XP GT panel under the Other tab.

Originally posted by mchudzia
For those with Herculese GT XP: If you have exessive pop sounds it might be that the Stereo Expansion is enabled when it should not be. you can disable it in the XP GT panel under the Other tab.

Thanks mchudzia, I will try that and see if it works, I had it enabled so when I reboot I'll listen for (or not) the pop, again thanks

Originally posted by mchudzia

Well I did disable it and I still hear a pop, but just the slightest of ones. It's alot better than it was. Thanks a mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back