Hercules Gamesurround Fortissimo™ III 7.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well since winning a Gamesurround Fortissimo II card from TechSpot a while back I have never considered using Creative products since. Sound quality from the Hercules product is great and no nasty problems with Via chipsets...

Check out the TechSpot reviews of the Fortissimo II for an idea of the quality of Hercules Soundcards...

Hey, i m having the same problem like yours Shaft, i m stuck in between this Fortissimo III and Audigy. After reading the review of Fortissimo III, i m quite impressed with the card. Over here Fortissimo is around S$99 and Audigy S$117. (US$1=S$1.85). Maybe Fortissimo is a better buy. I bet you will notice significant change in audio quality.

For your info, Fortissismo III runs with the same Cirrus Logic chipset as the Fortissismo II. Unlike its predecessor, it supports 7.1 speakers.

7.1? 6.1 is now seeing the light of day. Who would ever shell out the cash for 7.1 speakers???

Get the new Audigy2...

Need I remind you that the Audigy 2 is ~$120? There must be some improvements over the Fortissimo II other than the 7.1, aren't there?

Originally posted by Vehementi
No. IMHO, it's worth it ;)

Not with those 4.1 speakers it isn't. I doubt you would see much of a difference with an Audigy much less the Audigy 2. The only way to get better sound from the sound card is to get better speakers. Go buy a set of $300 speakers and then you will get the benifits of the card.

I say, why not give Hercules a try, most people who switched to Hercules may find it much better than creative.

Unless you're having issuess with the SB Live don't bother changing at this time. Hercules makes great soundcards but if yours is working fine and you aren't prepared to set up a 7.1 speaker combo there is no real advantage.

Originally posted by StormBringer
Not with those 4.1 speakers it isn't. I doubt you would see much of a difference with an Audigy much less the Audigy 2. The only way to get better sound from the sound card is to get better speakers. Go buy a set of $300 speakers and then you will get the benifits of the card.

Heh...funny you should mention that...I'm planning on getting new speakers, and coupled with my Audigy they'll be audiophile-rific. Whether it's the $200 or $400 ones I'm not sure. (Altec Lansing 641's or Logitech Z-680's)

I've been looking into getting the Creative Inspire 5300 5.1 speakers ($100). Would this be a decent, albiet low-priced, combo with the Fortissimo?

Fortissimo means 'strong' in Italian. And strong it is.

Probably, but those have digital input (I think) and you should get a Creative card to take advantage of that.

Is the Audigy 1 better than the Fortissimo? I've yet to see a strong comparison between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back