Here is my hijack this log, and I still dont understand where to get my minidump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maniac_lonestar

As you can see my computer gets bsod almost 10 times a day, but after removing viruses and such, it has slowed down in rate.

Anyways, I hope I posted my hijack this log correctly, and I hope you guys tell me where I can recieve my dump, I also think I disabled the feature though.

BTW, my internet access will not be available by tommarow, so if I come back within a week or maybe a month or two, I hope you guys dont get mad at me.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved you thread to our security and the web forum.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Visual Networks\Visual IP InSight\SBC

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

IPClient.exe
IPMon32.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =

R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06BC61B1-0F0A-492B-BEED-C9056F374ED5} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IPInSightMonitor 02] "C:\Program Files\Visual Networks\Visual IP InSight\SBC\IPMon32.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IPInSightLAN 02] "C:\Program Files\Visual Networks\Visual IP InSight\SBC\IPClient.exe" -l

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)

O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocvw.dll (HKCU)

O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\Visual Networks

Reboot into normal mode and turn system restore back on.

You`re not running any antivirus or firewall software. Download the FREE AVG and either the free Zonalarm or the free Kerio firewall programmes. You can get them HERE, HERE and HERE.

Install whichever firewall you chose, followed by AVG. Reboot your computer the required number of times and run the AVG updates.

Run a full system scan with AVG and delete anything it finds.

Post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of maniac_lonestar only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Excuse Me Sir, but I have always wanted to delete
Visual Networks\Visual IP InSight\SBC, but I'm not sure if I should delete it.

If it has to do with internet, let's say, I uninstall and cant reinstall it, would my built-in wireless still work? Because I always thought that this program had something to do with my wireless device,

You should uninstall the Visual Networks programme, because it`s a known resource hog and is probably slowing your system down.

It`s just a network monitor as far as I`m aware. Uninstalling it shouldn`t affect your wireless devices.

Regards Howard :)

Ok, I will follow all your instructions, thanks, and also btw, are you really like 50 year old, I saw your profile, and what do you work/do?

maniac_lonestar said:
Ok, I will follow all your instructions, thanks, and also btw, are you really like 50 year old, I saw your profile, and what do you work/do?

I`m actually 52 and I don`t work through ill health. That`s why I have so much time to dedicate to Techspot lol.

howard I hope you are still there, I uninstalled it in safemode, and also scanned hijack this in safemode

edit: My system restore didnt turn off but it said it was off for drive C (my only hard drive). But it was perhaps because I turned it off during normal mode. I went in safe mode though, to turn it off, but it didnt let me turn off, it said I have to go to normal mode to TURN IT ON.

I do have Anti Virus software, but I dont like to keep em monitoring as I use the more minor stuff like spyware doctor. I also have windows defender, if that helps. I don't know where to get a firewall. If I can get it online than how? Do I use a router with firewall or what?

Here is the log though.

Well done, your HJT log is clean.

You can get a free firewall programme from HERE or HERE.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

This thread is for the use of maniac_lonestar only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Virus Executables in my hard drive, ANY way to delete them without deleting Faulties?

Ok well once, I click an item on my Windows folder through curiousity, and well it activated a bunch of viruses and executables that also duplicated itself everywhere, so I used about 5 antivirus programs, and like 10 spyware programs and deleted the viruses.

But I also NOW want to delete the .exe files that are not suppose to be in windows. I am just afraid of deleteing some stuff, like I would have deleted regedit.exe if I didn't know what it is.

I'm leaving internet access today, so maybe in a few months, I will come back to see this thread. SO please don't delete this thread in a month or two. Sorry and Thanks...

I have merged your new thread into this one.

Post a fresh HJT log and give me a list of the .exe files you`re talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back