Hey could ye have a gander at a website i did for a project please?

By Shnig
Jan 14, 2005
Post New Reply
  1. Hey I did this web page today for a project (given three months ago but of course I only started it today!). Its a web site reviewing others, including this one! I did it as I learned HTML (thats right I didnt know a character of HTML before today). I did it mostly by hand but used a tiny bit of front page image formating wizzidry! It is my first site so go easy but have a gander and tell me what ye think please! Anyway heres the site = http://student.cs.ucc.ie/~slfoh1/Index.html

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

Assuming you use Firefox, get a fantastic plugin "Web Developer 0.8" from the mozilla website, great help for developing web-pages.

Your first attempt works, but looks rather boring with all that grey background. Making the clickable logos a bit smaller will make the page look friendlier.
    Use the above-mentioned (official) validator in future.

Also, try to avoid the use of the word "banner", lots of popup-stoppers and some firewalls are "allergic" to it and either suppress that banner or refuse to load that page altogether.