Hey, Im selling a computer, and im just wondering if the set is worth the price, look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I would say that the price ma be a little high, considering it only has 1.8GHz CPU, and what kind of GPU does it have, that may compensate for the slow 1.8CPU. 2.8GHz is becoming the standard fow Intel, and 2.0GHz is becoming the standard for AMD so the CPU is slow.

And to attract mor customers, apply all the Antivirus protection, ppl love that when they can just turnt it on and go

At least include a DOA waranty so that they know it will be in working order

ohh, well still only 100MHz higher.

The reason im pointing out all the bad stuff, its that i want you to be able to learn from this sell, and then benefit that knowledge on the next sell

...AMD

I'm glad to see a fellow ebayer here :D

i tried selling my custom built computers a couple times and never got anywhere near what I wanted for them. unfortunetly computers dramtically lose their value very fast, especially one that's 3 years old.

most people only look at CPU clock speed to determine the performance of the machine, and like AMDIsTheBest said, 1.9GHz is really slow for a P4 these days. so when they can buy [what they think to be] a faster, brand new computer from dell/hp/emachines for the same price, why would they buy used?

from my experience on ebay, only brand new (zero-feedback) members place bids early and they are almost always very low bids. they usually never win the auction either. most bids come in during the last couple hours anyways (which is why i always list items using the 1day or 3day auctions only, and only on weekends).

hopefully you get some bids on it tommorow. but if it don't then I would suggest you try to sell the software bundle separetely because most people that are looking to buy a cheap used computer will have no use for it (that's my theory anyways).

it it were me, i would ask no more than $99 to start and just hope for the best. the bidders will decide how much it's worth in the end. i know it's frustrating to sell a machine for so much less than you payed, but it will never gain value, it will only lose it. also, you have a starting price of $300, yet your listing states "And starting at 1.00!!!!" :confused:

good luck with your auction :)

I think KingCody is trying to find a nice way to tell you that you are way overpriced.
I hope i am wrong but i dont see many people willing to pay for added software. For instance, you are offering Nero 5 and we are already at Nero 7.
Your older Nero 5 might even only be oem as well.
All in all its an older system and since you are offering it "as is", and older unit with older software, and people can get software free from friends, etc, etc. I dont see it being worth more than, say, as is, around $250.
Thats just my opinion. I hope for your sake i am wrong.

One more thing. I notice you pointed out you have a Dell keyboard. That could leave some people thinking its a Dell machine. Some people, like me, would never buy a Dell for the proprietary issues, so that might turn some people off thinking its a Dell. Course, if it were a Dell, there might be some person who thinks its worth more, lol. I think you should take the Dell mention out of there unless its a Dell machine, which i dont think it is, looks like you built it? Looks good even though the pic is dark. But you have to realize you are selling an older machine with really not that much on it except for some old software.

nork said:
I think KingCody is trying to find a nice way to tell you that you are way overpriced
i didn't say that ;)

what I did say was "the bidders will decide how much it's worth in the end"

there really is no asking price on ebay. you just have to list it and hope for the best. a couple things to consider however...

1. if the starting price is too high, then people may not even look at it.

2. shipping options play a large role in bidding as well. you should give different options and let the buyer decide how much they are willing to pay to ship it. or simply use a faster service (nobody will complain that it got there too fast :D)

when I buy something online, I don't want to wait forever to get it. and in my opinion $40 seems a bit steep for the slowest shipping service there is (UPS Ground). If i was a buyer i wouldn't bid for that reason alone, but that's just me. you can always advertise FREE SHIPPING and just build it into the price as well.

awsskater892, there's still 8 hours left and 191 people have looked at it. so you never know who is just waiting for the last 5 minutes to bid. you may get lucky after all :)

Thanks alot guys, yea ebay pisses me off when it comes to computers, but im not loosing anything on this auction if i have to go lower because i got this for 100$ off of another auction, but they were selling it with windows 2000 on it and the password was lost, so i just removed the password with a tool, then just decided to install xp on it. so Im just hoping to get atleast 200.

the bidder placed the bid 30 seconds before the auction ended.

glag you sold it! :D

one of these days I'll get around to selling all my old computer crap i've got lying around ;)

Way to go!! That means i was $50 off. I admit i was wrong. I can see where i went wrong. I based my estimate on the fact that i can build that unit for a lot less than $200. But someone who cant will be willing to pay more for a unit all ready to go. Hence you got $300. Good for you!

Haha thanks guys, yea i guess he was desprite haha. i have so much stuff im trying to sell on ebay, and starting evrything at 1.00 or around that. I dont really care how much it all goes for i just wanna get rid of it, but money is always good too. look at some of my auctions if your in need of a router or network card or anything like that. (my name on ebay is awsman892)

Ebay soon I will be selleing a brand spanking new Opteron 2.4ghz. With a buy it now price of only $140. You can't beat that.

Attachments

• 148469_l.jpg
    148469_l.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 10
How about listing your item in our brand new for sale section right here!
No cost to try and sell it here!

trying to sell stuff on here would be way to hard, evryone knows to much about evrything, I would think that im getting them to pay alot, when really they would be having me sell it cheap haha. but mabie ill try it out.

The way i look at it, its a matter of supporting this very good forum.
Its not like they will make money on it but eventually, if we all talk to our buddies and get them involved then this forum will grow. And an active for sale section will help keep them here instead of wandering off to another site.

there is no "for sale" section in techspot (that I know of at least)

it was talked about a while back, you can see it here. but as far as I know it hasn't happened [yet]

Hey, I wouldn't say it was a bad price. If someone would want it for video editing or whatever, it would probably be a great value. W/o the software it might not be worth that much, but cuz of all the software, I think you & the buyer did OK. I write this after the auction has ended.
-kitty500cat

KingCody, there has been a "for sale" section for a few weeks. But last night the sight was down for maintenance and i see that section was taken down. I dont know if they intend to put it back or not. I know, i had some flash cards on there for sale.

Really For Sale Section ?

Interesting....would be a valuable resource since i always got stuff laying around and the market on here would be awesome.....

Speaking of wich....got 2 AMD 4200+ X2's and a Athlon 64 3800+ Over here collecting dust.....X2's are New OEM and the 3800 is retail with a couple of hours on it with the original HSF never used....

Also have 6 1gb OEM sticks of Hynix PC3200 CL 3 - new

And a few large capacity hard drives SATA and IDE

Make an offer LoL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back