Hi All (new member) CPU Temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDoMM

Hi all, just signed up, hope to be a frequent poster here, so i hope to see you all around, to kick things off, ive got a bit of a CPU temperature questions;

Ive got an Athlon XP 2800+ 333fsb (Barton Core) which is on my Gigabyte GA-7VAXP Ultra, my BIOS says that my CPU temperature is about 35c (idle) but my Aerogate 2's heat sensor which is rught underneith the CPU reads as beeing 41c at idle, and when i play a really demanding game, like the Far Cry demo, the aerogate reads the temperature as almost 50c. sometimes it even goes as high as 52c, is this anything to worry about? i know that anything under 60c is a good temperature, but i want your opinions, thanks for any responce :grinthumb

You're probably getting different temp readings because that mainboard use a temp probe underneath the CPU socket. Those probes are quite unprecise & only give the temp on the surface of the CPU. The DIE temp itself is quite hotter.

As for getting 50°C in full load, it's not a problem.

Read this thread ( Identifying AMD processors ) to see the maximum temp your CPU is able to handle.

PS. Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

Thankx Didou for the warm welcome, i feel all warm and fuzzy now :giddy:

I think my CPU is well within the limits, gonna save up for a few months and get an Athlon 64 soon anyway, this mobo is getting a bit old too

Ive done my fair share of scanning for aliens, ive done about 15 chunks for SETI@Home and didnt get thank'd, i think i'd rather continue my chanting around stone henge for aliens, thankyou :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back