Hi, Can someone please look at my HJT LogFile :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Sorry my first post is for help but i think something may be off with my Pooter.

I keep getting an error pop up asking if i want to send an error message or not then Explorer closes which is not right me thinks.
Also my screen on my laptop flashes very slightly now and then when Explorer is open..
I get this probably 10 times an hour which is getting up my nose..

XP SP2
OE7
WIN EXPLORER

Thanks for any help peeps...

Hello, greenisbest, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your log, have HJT fix these entries:

O4 - Global Startup: BlueSoleil.lnk = ?

O4 - Global Startup: NETGEAR WG111T Smart Wizard.lnk = ?

O16 - DPF: {DBA230D1-8467-4e69-987E-5FAE815A3B45} -

If this web link doesn't belong to your ISP or PC's manufacturer, fix this entry too:

O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.pcservicecall.co.uk

Now, click Start > Run and type "msconfig" (without quotes) and click Run. Open the startup tab and find Alcmtr or ALCMTR.EXE and uncheck it. Click ok and click Exit with Restart (can't remember exactly what it says, but it's close enough to that ;))

This thread is for the use of greenisbest only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thank you very much for your time.
I have initiated your suggestions and wait for the results.

Sounds good :) Seriously thanks for the Help..............

Ummm it's better alot better but every now an then i still get the send error message and my desktop icons do a dissapearing trick for about 15 secs or so and the app i had open closes..

When i click Tec details on the error box i get...

C:\DOCUME~1\kevin\locals~1\temp\efbd_appcompat.txt

Which means jack to me !!!???

Just got the same with:

C:\DOCUME~1\kevin\locals~1\temp\16cd_appcompat.txt

Ok, those entries obviously haven't cleared the infection.

Please follow these instructions Virus/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments to a new reply in this thread as well as the result of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

This thread is for the use of greenisbest only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Working through that rather large list of instructions for removal of nasties !!

2 Things if i may whilst i am working towards a clean Pooter.

~ 1...I am using Avast freeware AV and after 11 hrs of scanning it advised me nothing was found but it was unable to scan 456 files !! out of 755,000.

~ 2...Zlob has turned up undetected by any process so far which supprises me, I noticed it when SS&D was hard at it..

Obviously Avast ain't cutting the mustard, So suggestions as to a Free or paid AV program please cause it ain't worth this hassle.

I had NAV on the Laptop at purchase 18 months ago but found it a Hog of resources so out it went..

You could try AVG Free, it's a program that I use personally and recommend alongside Avast.

Norton is pretty useless and takes up just about all your resources so getting rid of it was a wise move ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back