Hi. I need Emachine i400 advice please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Emachine 400i. It has windows 98. I bought the sims and tried to boot it up. It didn't work. So I was stupid and erased all I thought that I didn't need. and it still didn't work. So I put in a slave and that gave me enough memory.

Now, here is my problem. after all that I shut down the computer and booted it back up it worked fine. Then the computer started to freeze up and all you could do is hit the power button to shut it off. It would boot back up. One day I had to hit the power button twice in a row (hit once, boot up, hit again). Then during the boot up it read cd-rom not found.

It then would go to a screen that said can't find system I.N.I. Press any key to continue. After pressing a key the computer would shut off. Now the computer goes to a screen before booting up the keyboard and sayes a problem press F1 to continue. My brother said he has seen it before but can't remember how to fix it. If you all could, I need to know how to get past the F1 problem and how to get Windows 98 back without a back up disk.
PLEASE.

Thanx.

you may have loosened the battery
something that old may need to battery replace anyway
then set bios to defaults
reboot
after checking all the cables make sure all in tight
the new 2nd drive should be on the cable with the cd rom drive it should be set to slave
if the emachine does not have a connector cable for it use the first ide cable set the drives to master for the W98 drive and slave for new 2nd drive
if tyou still have the memory sticks put them in before you reset bios(cmos)
you may have deleted important files ,hope you have the 98 install disc cause it may come to re-install

The best thing you can do is not waste money on the hunk of junk and go buy a propper pc!!!!

Sorry if that sound a little harsh, but emachines are very cheaply made low grade pc's!!!!

emachines are absolute junk. When your PSU blew, it probably took out your motherboard. Emachines are infamous for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back