Hi i need help with getting WOW to play on my comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently downloaded World of Warcraft 10 day trial before I bought it. Whenever I go to play it my system says my 3d accelerator card is not supported by WOW. Please install a 3d accelerator card with dual TMU support.

Where can I buy A 3d accelerator that meets requirements and what will it cost?

Thanks alot.

Hello, machiavelli1992, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, that means that your graphics card is not good enough for the game.

Go to the System Requirements Lab and run their test for Wow and see what it rates your current system.

It will also tell you what the minimum graphics requirement is, but you could just go out and get an nVidia GeForce 7600GS/GT that will run it ok. I would post links for you but I don't know what country you're in yet.

I'm guessing that you have integrated graphics at the moment?

Thanks also....

There is a problem... my computer is a piece of junk 2002 Sony Vaio with only 512mb of Ram. And I do not think I have integrated graphics or any non outdated components period. ( I doubt it because I got this computer from my grandmother who of course doesn't play games she only deals with pictures and stuff. She also upgraded herself to a 2008 Sony Vaio with 2GB of Ram.) And lastly I don't know a lot of things about computers so if you know any good websites where I could learn that would be great.

This is a great site to learn from, we have a lot of things stored up in the threads here.

Unfortunately, you can't upgrade the graphics chipset in laptops, all you can do is assign the graphics more RAM, which in turn will take some from your system memory. This is because Your laptop will have some RAM installed and the graphics will use it as well, so the more the graphics has, the less Windows (and your other programs) has to use.

Ah, that's good then, I thought all Vaio PC's were laptop, evidently not :D

In which case, download Everest Home and find out what graphics interface you have (i.e. AGP, PCI-e x1, PCI-e x16), then you can get a graphics card that fits that slot.

PCI-e x16 is te latest interface that all the new cards use, but you can get some good AGP cards as well.

Get more RAM. 1GB is good but 2GB is best. Tell us your system's model number or use a program like SIW or Everest Home Edition (Google for them) to tell us your motherboard name and model. Also, provide us with a maximum budget and we'll dig up something for you. :)

motherboard

Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.
Model P4B-LX

I downloaded SIW

Budget: right now none maybe $50 because (I turn 16 Jan 14 and i need insurance money$1000 for my crappy car)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back