Hi im new,this is really about my system vs. battlefield 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! ok,so im new and this is my first post so im not sure if its gonna be moved or something but heres the problem,whenever i try to start battlefield 2 the screen goes black for like 2 seconds and then goes back to my desktop.Heres my systems information:
motherboard asrok
Prosessor AMD auron 2400+ 800mhz
512 RAM
1.67ghz
ATI RADEON 7000 family (only 64mb)
hard disc 74.5 gb
RAM sticks(or combs i dont now what they are)256mt(im not sure)

i think its because of my graphics card?

Gamer 501st said:
Prosessor AMD auron 2400+ 800mhz
Do you mean 'Duron'?
yep, need at least this to run BF2
eh? Oh, that will be the clock speed of the Duron. Not so fast mate tbh.
ATI RADEON 7000 family
Which actual card; 7100, 7300, 7600, 7800, 7900 ???
hard disc 74.5 gb
Fine
RAM sticks(or combs i dont now what they are)256mt(im not sure)
again...eh?
i think its because of my graphics card?
Yeah, most likely, so you need to check you have the latest drivers and check your DX version (start > Run > dxdiag), needs to be v9.0c.

Hope it helps. :)

I'm going to assume that you have not had this game running before and need to simply update your video driver. Is the video card built into the motherboard? If it isn't then go to HERE and download the driver. If it is then go to your computer manufacture's website and download their newest video driver for your computer. Sometimes even if the video card is built into the motherboard you can still use the driver from ATI (chipset manufacturer) rather than the manufacture's video driver. The manufacture doesn't usually put much effort into updating video drivers for built-in video cards so the driver from ATI will be preferred.

Now go into the Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs and uninstall your video card driver. Reboot! As your computer boots and finds new hardware click the little boxes to cancel the old driver install. Double click the driver installer and follow the prompts. Reboot!

Cinders i really appreciate your advice but im kinda bad with computers so could you tell me step by step? if its not to much to ask

1. you have a old and low-end processor
2. you only have 512 mb ram (not enough for this high end game to be worth playing)
3. your graphics card is extremely old and very slow

essentially you're trying to play a very recent high end demanding game on an low-end ancient system.

Tedster said:
1. you have a old and low-end processor
2. you only have 512 mb ram (not enough for this high end game to be worth playing)
3. your graphics card is extremely old and very slow

essentially you're trying to play a very recent high end demanding game on an low-end ancient system.

nicely said -.-

I second what Tedster said, your trying to run a pretty new game on a old system. Ive got a pretty good system and can only run the game on medium. If I where you I would just get another computer, if you have the funds. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back