Hi, Video problem with an Emachine T2200

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have an emachine at home which is my nephews. he always relies on me when it comes to software and hardware problems. up to now i was able to trouble shoot his pc but this time im a bit lost.i was hoping someone in here
would help :).

problem: it wouldnt power up at all no lights no nothin.
i replace the power supply and now it powers up lights on but no video.
fan on video card not turning so i said ok ill try my graphics card on his. my cards fan turns ok on his pc but still no video. not even on the onboard video hook up. any suggestions?

It sounds to me like your mobo(motherboard) has died, or maybe the psu you replaced isn`t compatible with your computer. The reason I say this is because Emachines tend to use proprietary parts. This may include the psu.

Other members will probably have a better idea on the psu.

From what I can gather Emachines are notoriously unreliable at the best of times. When the power supply failed, it`s probably taken the mobo with it.

Regards Howard :)

i was afraid of that..being the mobo that is cause i tried 2 psus already..
thanks allot for your help Howard :) i just needed a second opinion

The T series eMachines have a history or power supply failures that damage the motherboard. The powersupplies they used didnt have overvoltage protection.

OMG that i did not know vega thx...because i did have to replace the psu. I thought thats was the only problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back