High resolution hurt tv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vassil3427

Hey guys,
I have an Ati Radeon 9600 AIW, and I hooked it up to my tv using one of the s-video outputs, it looks awesome, but I'm wondering. It says the tv is running at 1024x768, which matches my desktop resolution. I thought normal tv's were limited to like 800x600 or somewhere around there? Will this higher resolution hurt my tv?
The tv is an APEX 24" Flat Tube.

Pic Attached, dont mind the lines, they arent really there, just the affect a digital camera has I guess

Attachments

• picture 027.jpg
    picture 027.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 21
The resolution doesn't hurt, you can use 160x120 just as well as 2048x1536. It's another thing if you can read text then however.

Basically the only thing that matters is refresh rate, keep it at 60 if your TV uses NTSC.

Thanks Mic, thats all I needed to know, I dont need to read text, just play games....Goes well with my wireless mouse and keyboard, I just need a lazyboy chair now

is the game quality good on your tv? My friend has a 9600 and he has it connected to his tv and the quality is really bad. You can make things out but its all really blury

http://www.dvdaust.com/world_video_standards.htm

NTSC which stands for National Television Standards Commission is the standard format of television in North America. It has a pixel aspect ratio of 480 vertical lines and 720 horizontal lines. This means there are 240 vertical scanned lines and 360 horizontal scanned lines, with a display frame rate of 29.97 frames per sec at 60Hz.

Most non-HDTV televisions, however, can't display more than 400-480 vertical lines separately. High resolutions might look like "everything" is displayed, but if you observe the picture more closely, you'll see that small details are blurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back