Highly anticipated geforce fx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Geforce FX

I was at the cpl (www.thecpl.com) a lan competition with games such as counter-strike, ut2k3 and tfc. There they have a huge byoc area, tournament area, and many booths from intel, nvidia ect. Every day a team called "MFA" filmed videos on location at cpl for the 5 day event.

In this 8 minute video on friday of the tournament, they interviewed some teams showed some matches and went to all the cpl booths. One of the booths was the Nvidia booth where they showed off the geforce fx. This 8 minute video has a rep from nvidia showing off and talking about the geforce fx. The man said that the geforce fx should have about a 4x performace increase over the ti4600.

Also there they were giving away a free geforce fx, a guy I new won the card (SO LUCKY!)

check it out here http://cpl.netfire.com/video/cpl_friday.wmv

A guy WON a GEFORCE FX?!?!?!?! No WAY! Damn what a lucky guy!!!!

He should sell it on Ebay for like $1000 then buy one once it comes out, and have $500 extra. That's what I would do.

Well, not after running 3DMark...

He got a working Geforce FX?!?
Or did he win one, but will get it later?

It would be strange if he got his hands on it there and then, since we've yet to hear anything from reviews sites (which are usually the first to get their hands on new hardware)...

But if he got it, please ask him to run some benchmarks and post the results here! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back