Highly Sensitive Laptop Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
My keys seemed to be pressing themselves. What I thought at first was a virus, is actually just a highly sensitive area of my keyboard. The topleft area of my keyboard, I don't think it's just one key, are too sensitive. With just my hand resting on the case near them, they act as they were pressed, and sometimes they hold themselves down until I move my hand to that area again. This happens with the ESC key mainly. But actually pressing the ESC key does nothing now. This area is generally where I rest my hand while gaming. Any suggestions/fixes?

What kind of laptop is this? Still under warranty? I had a Toshiba that done something very similiar to that. Had to have keyboard replaced.

It's an ABS Mayhem Laptop. I took off my keyboard/plugged it back into the motherboard, didn't solve the problem. I did notice that there's a film under the keys though that is on the whole platform, that is peeling in the corner of the ESC key. I took off the key and put it back on and I cleaned all the surfaces but nothing helps. I think the problem is with the film/tape coming off. As of now I've unplugged the laptop keyboard and plugged in a new pos external keyboard. I called ABS tech support and they tried to tell me it was just a problem with that specific key. Hopefully I can get them to send me a new keyboard, and that'll solve my dilemma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back