Hijack log - please check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I was having problems with the fakealert trojan and Mygeek/CPVfeed browser plugin. Popups and IE browser redirect was driving me nuts. I had Kaspersky Internet Security 7 and Counterspy active on my computer when this happen.

So glad I found your site. I followed the instructions under "Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions." Ran all the programs and the problems seem to be resolved. But figured I would post my HJT log in case there is still something that needs to be removed. I did not find the Combofix log or AVG antispyware log. But they did not show any problems after scanning. The panda antirootkit did not find a problem. Please let me know if I need to do anything else.

Sincerely,
Nola

Your HJT log looks pretty clean to me!! Good Job. Just put a check next to these entries and click FIX.

O2 - BHO: OFK System - {A04EE79B-B894-4CE9-AD27-CAEBA40709A4} - C:\WINDOWS\blopenvtdq.dll (file missing)

O3 - Toolbar: The retnsrp - {33421C60-E929-428C-8848-7D66E6056A3A} - C:\WINDOWS\retnsrp.dll (file missing)

O23 - Service: NetCom3 Service (Netcom3) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Netcom3 Cleaner\PSCMonitor.exe (file missing)

Hello, Nola1031, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your log, I too can't see anything bad other than what fastco has pointed out. Fix thoes entries and you'll have yourself a clean log :)

Thanks for checking my HJT log - Fastco & Daveskater. I have followed your instructions and cleared out the 3 files with HJT. Also went in and posted my profile information. Will add my computer specs when I do a system check.

Really great to find this information and it worked! So glad to have those annoying popups and brower redirect taken care of without reformatting my hard drive. I could not gain access to task manager & I could not get them cleaned out with my antivirus or counterspy. So thanks again.

Nola1031

No problem, mate, it's what we're here for ;)

Glad to hear you're sorted and I hope you hang around a bit longer :) It's up to you of course, though ;)

Hi DaveSkater,

I was wondering if I should delete the programs that I ran to clean up my computer? My antivirus program keeps saying there is a virus when it scans Combofix and Smitfraud fix on my system. I have Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0.

Sincerely,
Nola1031

Actually you need to put a check mark next to ALL of the O18 entries and fix them.

Attach the combofix log and a new HijackThis scan.

HJT Log is attached

I did not find a combofix log after working though the cleanup on my computer. Stated this in my earlier post. I do have a folder on my C drive labeled ComboFix. Did not see any text file in there or where I would have saved a log when this program ran. I did run another HiJackthis scan and have attached the log.

Nola1031

Open HijackThis and select Do a system scan only then place a check mark next to:

Check all of the O18 - Protocol entries

Close all windows except for HijackThis and click Fix checked

Download Superantispyware (SAS) SUPERAntispyware Free Edition

Install it and double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.
* It will ask if you want to Update the program definitions, click Yes.
* Under Configuration and Preferences, click the Preferences button.
* Click the Scanning Control tab.
* Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked:
  • Close browsers before scanning
  • Scan for tracking cookies
  • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Please leave the others unchecked.
  • Click the Close button to leave the control center screen.
* On the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software click Scan your computer.
* On the left check C:\Fixed Drive.
* On the right, under Complete Scan, choose Perform Complete Scan.
* Click Next to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
* After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK.
* Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next.
* It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click Yes.
* To retrieve the removal information please do the following:
  • After reboot, double-click the SUPERAntiSpyware icon on your desktop.
  • Click Preferences. Click the Statistics/Logs tab.
  • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
  • It will open in your default text editor (such as Notepad/Wordpad).
  • Save the notepad file to your desktop by clicking (in notepad) "File" "Save As"
* Save the log somewhere you can easily find it. (normally the desktop)
* Click close and close again to exit the program.
* Please add the log as an attachment along with a new HijackThis log in the next post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back