Hijack This for Rundll32.exe error PLEASE HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Viscek

Hi,

Lately my computer has been running a process known as rundll32.exe, and I cannot disable it. Anti-Virus/Ad-ware/Anti-Spyware Programs/ patches all have done nothing. When I delete this process, it comes right back. It has been causing pop ups and has slowed down my internet connection and even my computer. I also get weird errors sometimes. I'm almost positive that this process has something to do with the problem, but there may be other things as well, I don't know.

Here is my Hijack This log. If anybody can give me specific instructions on what to do, that would be very much appreciated. THANK YOU!!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with malware and you`re running an outdated version of HJT.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Darth Viscek only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Fix Rundll32.exe , Fix Rundll32.exe error, Fix virtumundo

Ok, I have followed all of the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. I have noticed that the rundll32.exe process doesnt show up anymore. When I checked/unchecked the recommended view settings in my computer, and then ran Ad-Ware , AVG Anti-Spyware, and the other programs, they picked up virtumundo (which they hadn't previously). This along with the ccleaner may have done it. My computer and internet are running faster, with no pop ups or errors. Anyways, just to make sure, I have attached all of my logs here, as requested. I hope that it's all gone, it sure seems like it. Have a look and let me know what you think. Thanks a lot!!

Note- The AntiRoot Kit did not pick up anything.

All items in your AVG Antispyware log say "No Action Taken". That`s because you haven`t told AVG Antispyware to quarantine it`s results as per the instructions. See this pictorial guide.

Post a fresh AVG Antispyware log.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Darth Viscek only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Once you`ve done that, you should be good to go as your log files are clean.

Providing you`re not having any other problems, please do the following.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

Howard, I would just like to thank you again for your help, it was very much appreciated. Keep up the good work! :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back