hijack this help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I'm kinda a newbie. My exboyfriend used to keep my computer running smooth, but now that I'm single I could use some help. My computer seems to crash every now and then, and I get the blue screen of death once a week. I attached my log file, any help would be aprreciated. Thanks
Julie

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of your momma only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

ok I did what you guys said. Here is my log. I really appreciate everything you guys are doing. I'm starting to think that I may be getting crashes because of my programs and not because of viruses etc...but I'll let you be the judge of that.
Julie

You haven`t posted an AVG Antispyware log, please do so.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = :0

O16 - DPF: SapphireSetupChecker.cab - https://sgpacs.ahm.com/Sapphire/download/SapphireSetupChecker.cab

O16 - DPF: {E473A65C-8087-49A3-AFFD-C5BC4A10669B} (Quantum Streaming IE Player Class) - http://mvnet.xlontech.net/qm/fox/06101102/qsp2ie06101001.cab

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

Can you tell me what this programme is and did you install Groove Games yourself?

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Groove Games Shared\Service\ggameslicsvc.exe

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of your momma only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I'm not sure what groove games is. Sorry. As for number 016, are you sure its bad? Reason I ask is that SGPACS is part of the filename and SGPACS is the program that allows me to view office files from home through my company. Should I keep it?

If you know the 016 entry to be safe, then by all means keep it.

Since you don`t know what the groove games programme is, do the following.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Groove Games Licensing Service - Groove Games

Close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

ggameslicsvc.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O23 - Service: Groove Games Licensing Service - Groove Games - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Groove Games Shared\Service\ggameslicsvc.exe

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Groove Games Shared<Delete the entire folder.

Post a fresh HJT log and The AVG Antispyware log I asked for.

Your HJT log is clean.

I therefore suggest you start a new thread for your BSOD problems in our Windows OS forum.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back