HiJack This log, help appreciated !

Status
Not open for further replies.
My log file is attached. Basically the problem I am having is that when I start Internet Explorer it takes maybe 5 to 10 seconds to open. The same thing occurs when I am surfing the web and click on something that has to open another new browser window.

However, when I am just surfing within one browser from site to site everything is fine. It's just opening the browser and when I am redirected that I notice the problem. By the way, before today, IE opened immediately so something has changed that now institutes this 5 to 10 second pause.

I first noticed this today after I was on a website trying to view a beach cam that I could not view and it had me download some java stuff. It seems like ever since then the problem has occured. I've run adaware, spybot, counterspy, etc... and still having the problem.

Many thanks in advance !!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with at least one trojan.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of zbail only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

hi howard, thanks. How can you tell if it's a trojan, just curious, because your right i think. I am running antivir guard and it says i have TR/Forten.Java.2.B but I just always click don't allow access. I can't get rid of it but what's weird is I am 99% positive that I have had that problem for a while now and everything was still running fine. I think something else is causing my slowness with the browser start up but obviously I'm not sure. I will want to clean the system so I'll start taking the necessary steps. If I do, I assume I will be able to get rid of it ? :)
Thanks again.

This is the entry in your HJT log that confrims the presence of the nasty. O21 - SSODL: bestreak - {874443fe-aa33-4ebf-a6ac-73208787e62d} - (no file) This is usually associated with the C:\WINDOWS\system32\viruxz.dll file, which you may or maynot have.

Follow the instructions and post the logs I requested when finished

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of zbail only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back