Hijack this log needs checking

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeParadoX

Hey can someone check my logs for a computer my grandma gave me along time ago? She installed alot of crap on it so I deleted most of it, While I scaned I found a few viruses and what not.

Also I been gone for like 10 months so I know you're going to throw a party for me right? :D

Welcome back mate.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE

Fix all 018 Protocol: entries.

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\windows\ALCXMNTR.EXE

Reboot the system.

Other than the above none dangerous entries, that HJT log is clean.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of TimeParadoX only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hey Howard!

Also when I boot I get this message that says "Send Error report" or "Dont send" about some program call SubWash or something like that, how do I turn off that?

Also the windows update automaticaly installs Hotfixes, is that good or no? Because in the Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel it shows like 2000 Hot Fixes

Check in add remove programmes and uninstall the programme. If you can`t find it, or it doesn`t help, let me know the exact error message and programme name.

This thread is for the use of TimeParadoX only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Well I couldnt find it in Add/Remove programs, Here's a picture of it

Also I edited a post, didnt know if you read it but here

"Also the windows update automaticaly installs Hotfixes, is that good or no? Because in the Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel it shows like 2000 Hot Fixes"

The error message refers to the spoolsv.exe file which is the Windows printing service.

Disconnect the printer, uninstall and reinstall the printers drivers and software, then reconnect the printer. See if that helps.

Having Windows automatic updates on is usually a good idea.

I dont have a printer or the software with this computer, I guess i'll have to live with this annoying popup lol

You can dis-activate spoolsv.exe through start>run>msconfig>services

*EDIT*
It's labeled "Print Spooler" in msconfig.

According to the HJT log there is a lexmark printer.

O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE

Do the following.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

LexBce Server

Close the services window.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE

Reboot the computer.

EDIT: Do not disable the printspooler, just the file I have outlined.

I was trying to think of that command; my friend had some trouble with a Lexmark printer and I fixed it through that. Stupid short term memory ;) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back