Hijackers? Spyware? Problem With Internet and Pc Please HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominnica

OK, I was outside and when came in I found the girl from next door on my laptop! My cousin said she had been on it for about 15 minutes checking her Myspace crap. Since then my laptop runs like garbage and have spent the day scanning and removing various things and I'm now stumped. While I try typing this I have to keep going over this and adding letters that aren't showing up. I'm so mad! Please help......

Moderator Edit: Please post your HijackThis log as an attachment to this thread. Do not copy and paste if not it will be ignored and/or removed.

Hello and welcome to TechSpot.

Your system is infected with malware.

Very Important: Malware infections can lead to identity theft, loss of funds from bank accounts, misuse of credit card information, etc since they can send sensitive information from your computer to their creators. Please read this thread before deciding what course of action to take regarding your infection.

If, after reading the above thread, you decide to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/spyware/malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, ComboFix, and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above. Also post here the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards :)

This thread is for the use of Dominnica only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and the Web forum.

Hijack This Log Included-Help.....please.....

I did nearly everything on the list of like 15 steps of things to do-thank you. Some things would not work no matter what I tried. I can't even do a system restore, I just get something that says cannot restore yada, yada, yada. I have included my Hijack This Log after following the new instructions given-again thank you,it worked much better. Please, I'm begging....anyone....

I recommend running the following 3 anti-spyware utilities:

• Ad-Aware 2007
  • Spybot Search & Destroy
  • AVG Anti-Spyware

All are free and can be downloaded over the Internet.

If you still have problems, then try an XP repair installation.

Thanks for your suggestions, unfortunetly I have already tried those. Haven't done xp repair installation but if it requires a disc I'm outta luck. I recently moved and the movers "misplaced" a few boxes.

Dominnica said:
Thanks for your suggestions, unfortunetly I have already tried those. Haven't done xp repair installation but if it requires a disc I'm outta luck. I recently moved and the movers "misplaced" a few boxes.

See if the local comp store will loan or even give you a CD of Windows. The CD is worthless alone. Without a Product Key, you cannot install it. Well, you already have a Product Key for your current installation. Loaning or giving you a CD of Windows is not illegal. It's the Product Key that costs money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back