HiJackThis Analysis Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. It is good to be on TechSpot again! It's been awhile!

I am running Win XP Pro. For the past week now, I've been having a problem with these odd pop-up adds. They don't seem to have any root cause or pattern. Some pop up when browsing, while others when nothing is going on--those are the kind that don't even have an item in the task bar. I would appreciate the help!

Many Thanks,

Buddbrother

:bounce:

Kill these:

C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\rrqi\rrqim.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\rrqi\rrqia.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows\services32.exe

Fix these:

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [services32] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows\mc-110-12-0000187.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [rrqi] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\rrqi\rrqim.exe

There was a mistake, I still have ads

Hello Again,

Something happened in the fixing procedure. Oh, by the way...how do you kill? What's the difference between that and fixing? I fixed the ones you told me to fix, and then the ones I was told to kill were no longer there! Here is my log again, please help. Thanks.

Buddbrother

By killing I mean ending the processes with Task Manager (or other similar tool).

ie. press ctrl+shift+esc, select "Processes" tab, select the application and click "End Process".

If you've fixed these things with HJT, in other words deleted them from registry / other places, they shouldn't start again on the next reboot, unless they have more hidden features (like rootkits HJT won't recognise).

If you didn't reboot after fixing with HJT, do so, and rrqia.exe shouldn't be there anymore if you're lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back