HiJackThis Log a curious problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmto2241

Think I have a problem. When opening certain web pages (I.e. my bank) page is stalled while adobe opens for no apparent reason. After a few min page becomes available for login. You can see why I might be suspicious. SpyBot found nothing. Attached is the log. Thanks!

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    9.2 KB · Views: 5
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your HJT log is clean. However, it appears you`re running two antivirus programmes and two firewall programmes. This is not recommended, will slow your system down and cause serious conflicts.

I recommend you uninstall Norton and it`s firewall and stick with AVG and the Comodo firewall.

If you have any problems uninstalling Norton, please see this thread HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of jmto2241 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Curious behavior

Starting early last week, whenever I type the url for my bank and hit enter the window seems to freeze, and then adobe opens in a seperate window (seemingly frozen as well). After a few min, the bank's page is available to type information. This is the only page that seems to do this and it does not happen from my laptop. Should I be concerned???

Uninstall Adobe and check to see if your banks website then behaves properly. If it does, reinstall Adobe and check again.

Regards Howard :)

Threads merged. I meant to do this earlier, but got sidetracked with something else.

As you can now see wolfram. jmto2241 did post a HJT log and it was clean. the only problem in it was the fact that he was running two antivirus and two firewall programmes.

The post you made was anything but dumb. If jmto2241 hadn`t posted a HJT log, I would`ve asked for one for exactly the same reason I suspect you did.

On a related point, that`s why it`s important to carry on posting in the same thread as originally started, rather than opening a new thread for the same subject. That way members don`t make the same suggestions that have already been made.

That seems to have fixed my IE banking problem. I can't imagine why that would happen with only that specific site though. Thanks for your help Howard! I'll leave my other error issues for another day.

No problem mate.

This thread is for the use of jmto2241 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back