Hijackthis log check please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new to this board and would like to thank you guys in advance for your help. I recently ran scans with AVG Anti-virus and Ad-Aware and found that my Dell laptop was infected with various viruses and threats. After deleting and removing those infections and threats with AVG and Ad-Aware, I also ran CCleaner to remove unused and temporary files. If anyone can look over my Hijackthis log and let me know if there is anything else that might be questionable or isn't supposed to be there I would appreciate it. Thanks again in advance!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Logfiles should be posted as attachments and not copy and pasted.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

AWS
WeatherBug

Close control panel.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = C:\WINDOWS\system32\blank.html

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = C:\WINDOWS\system32\blank.html

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant = C:\WINDOWS\system32\searchbar.html

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchURL = C:\WINDOWS\system32\searchbar.html

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = C:\WINDOWS\system32\searchbar.html

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe (file missing) (HKCU)

O16 - DPF: {001EE746-A1F9-460E-80AD-269E088D6A01} (Infotl Control) - http://primis.ebrary.com/support/plugins/ebraryRdr.cab

O16 - DPF: {F54C1137-5E34-4B95-95A5-BA56D4D8D743} (Secure Delivery) - http://www.gamespot.com/KDX22/download/kdx.cab

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\AWS<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot your system and post a fresh HJT log as an attachment. See HERE for instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of phunguy only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Your HJT log is clean.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of phunguy only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back