hijackthis log,please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Panos only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

thank you very very much for your help

i did everything that was written on the guide (congratulation btw,imo the best guide ever) and so here are my fresh logs of hjt and avg as

thanx in advance again

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = ÓõíäÝóåéò

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Reboot your computer, post a fresh HJT log and let me know how your system is running.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Panos only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Your HJT log is clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Have HJT fix this entry.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [JMB36X Configure] "C:\WINDOWS\system32\JMRaidTool.exe" boot

Other than that, you`re good to go.

I don`t think there`s any need to have it run on startup. You should be able to run it manually when you want.

However, if you have concerns, then by all means leave it as it is.

Your HJT log is clean.

Now that you are clean, please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:

[*]Disable and Enable System Restore. - If you are using Windows ME or XP then you should disable and re-enable system restore to make sure there are no infected files found in a restore point.
You can find instructions on how to enable and re enable system restore here:
Managing Windows Millennium System Restore
or
Windows XP System Restore Guide
re-enable system restore with instructions from tutorial above.

[*]Re hide your system files. To do so, please follow the steps below:
  1. Double-click My Computer.
  2. Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
  3. Click the View tab.
  4. Put a check by "Hide file extensions for known file types."
  5. Under the "Hidden files" folder, select "Do not show hidden files and folders."
  6. Check "Hide protected operating system files."
  7. Click Apply, and then click OK.

[*]Make your Internet Explorer more secure - This can be done by following these simple instructions:
  1. From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
  2. Click once on the Security tab
  3. Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
  4. Click once on the Custom Level button.
    • Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
    • Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
    • Change the Initialise and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
    • Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
    • Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
    • Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt
    • When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.
    • If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.
  5. Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.

[*]Use an Anti Virus Software - It is very important that your computer has an anti-virus software running on your machine. This alone can save you a lot of trouble with malware in the future. See this link for a listing of some on line & their stand-alone anti virus programs:
Computer Safety On line - Anti-Virus
I recommend AVG Anti-Virus (Free Edition)!

[*]Update your Anti Virus Software - It is imperitive that you update your Anti virus software at least once a week (Even more if you wish). If you do not update your anti virus software then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out.

[*]Use a Firewall - I can not stress how important it is that you use a Firewall on your computer. Without a firewall your computer is susceptible to being hacked and taken over. Simply using a Firewall in its default configuration can lower your risk greatly. For an article on Firewalls and a listing of some available ones see the link below:
Computer Safety On line - Software Firewalls
I recommend ZoneAlarm (Free Edition)!

[*]Visit Microsoft's Windows Update Site Frequently - It is important that you visit http://www.windowsupdate.com regularly. This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer. If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site until there are no more critical updates.

[*]Install Spybot - Search and Destroy - Install and download Spybot - Search and Destroy with its TeaTimer option.
This will provide real-time spyware & hijacker protection on your computer alongside your virus protection. You should also scan your computer with program on a regular basis just as you would an anti virus software. A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here:
Instructions for - Spybot S & D and Ad-aware

[*]Install Ad-Aware - Install and download Ad-Aware. You should also scan your computer with the program on a regular basis just as you would an anti virus software in conjunction with Spybot. A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here:
Instructions for - Spybot S & D and Ad-aware

[*]Install SpywareBlaster - SpywareBlaster will added a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer settings that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs. A article on anti-malware products with links for this program and others can be found here:
Computer Safety on line - Anti-Malware

[*]Update all these programs regularly - Make sure you update all the programs I have listed regularly. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs are released.
[/list]
Follow this list and your potential for being infected again will reduce dramatically.

thanx,i have a problem with firefox(still running in background,even after boot sometimes) and im kinda worried

It could just be Firefox looking for updates etc. However since you`re worried, uninstall and reinstall with the latest version from HERE. See if that helps.

hello again friends

i would like to have your advise once more

this is a log from another machine im running

thanx in advance and have a nice day (or nite hehe,timezone)

greetings :D

That HJT log looks clean.

However, I`d like you to have a couple of files checked out.

Please visit this link http://virusscan.jotti.org/
* Click the Browse... button
* Navigate to the following file C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
* Click Open
Then, do the same for this file as well. C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrB.exe
* Please let me know the results.

AntiVir
Found nothing
ArcaVir
Found nothing
Avast
Found nothing
AVG Antivirus
Found nothing
BitDefender
Found nothing
ClamAV
Found nothing
Dr.Web
Found nothing
F-Prot Antivirus
Found nothing
F-Secure Anti-Virus
Found nothing
Fortinet
Found nothing
Kaspersky Anti-Virus
Found nothing
NOD32
Found nothing
Norman Virus Control
Found nothing
Panda Antivirus
Found nothing
VirusBuster
Found nothing
VBA32
Found nothing

clean

punkbuster is an anticheat tecnhology for online games like americas army, call of duty etc

thank you very much howard:)

That`s ok then, thanks for the info.

hello guys,im back after a long time :D

here are my hijack and combofix logs,i would like to listen to your suggestions (if any)

by the way since is my first time that i run combofix ive noticed some things that kinda worried me

after the scan my internet connection went dead,ie went back to deafult browser (i use firefox as a default) an ie icon appeared on the desktop and the quickbar dissapeared

i changed all this back to my config,and the internet came back after the pc reboot

was these changes normal?i mean all these as a result of combofix scan?

thanx in advance guys,your help always means a lot to me

(Excuse my english)

cheers

Hi,

Have HijackThis fix these entries:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {381FFDE8-2394-4f90-B10D-FC6124A40F8C} - (no file)

Other than that, your logs are clean. Are you experiencing any issues?

Regards,
momok =)

just wanted to be sure,thanx

those combofix side effects were normal?could you plz tell me cause it was my first time runnig the programm

thanx in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back