Hijackthis log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dell Dimension 1100
Pentium 4 - 3 GHZ - 512 MB RAM
XP Home Ver2002 SP2

My computer generally runs okay, but the internet seems to bog down really bad at certain times during the day, primarily around 5:00. I have also been getting a lot more where IE has to shut down because of error. When I am using the web, my computer sometimes shuts itself down completely too and I get weird new folder (which are empty) in My Documents. For example, one in there now is named þ Some other programs like Paperport also shut themselves down and reset, deleting anything that I have scanned or saved in the Paperport folders. I have run Spybot and my antivirus (Symantec) - Both came up clean. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have attached my HJThis log.

Thanks,
Dan

If you happen to be running cable internet, it's going to slow down around peak hour. However, it won't create mysterious new folders in My Documents haha.

Follow this guide and then post back with your results.

HIJACKTHIS log - Adware-Memwatcher

I failed to mention in my first post that when the internet slows down around 4:00-5:00 it then also takes a really long time for my browsers to close when I try to close them.

I followed all of the instructions and HouseCall found Adware-Memwatcher and some cookies. It cleaned them all and I ran it again. It came up clean the second time. Here is my new HJT log. Let me know if everything looks good on it. I will post again later in the day after I have seen how the computer is running.

Thanks,
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back