HijackThis Logfile

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAzraelx

Attached is the log file for Hijackthis. Many popups, etc, occur, and was wondering if anyone could view it for me and give me a list of removable items. Thanks,

Will

i noticed you have etrust installed. this software has proven to be generally inneffective at protecting computers. i reccomend you install and update avg free edition, ad aware se personal, and ewdio security suite (When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".). reboot and run a scan using avg free. then do a full scan in ad-aware and remove all critical objects. after that you need to run a complete scan using ewdio (If Ewido finds anything, it will pop up a notification. You can select "clean" and check the boxes "Perform action with all infections" and "Create encrypted backup" before clicking on OK.) these actions will remove the bulk of your spyware and let you remove any remaining programs with hijackthis. you can't really overcome spyware infestation with hijackthis alone.

reply with a new hijackthis log after completing said actions. also, did you find aurora/nail.exe on your machine? if so, follow this link after finishing all 3 scans:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic27710.html

also somethign to do after you clean up: get sp2 installed and keep ie updated or use firefox (my recomendadtion would be the latter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back