hijackThis virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

My system has been infected by the hijackThis trojan virus. I have been following the steps as mentioned in this thread: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
I have completed till Step 11: I ran AVG Antirootkit programme and it found nothing. I have not yet taken hijackThis log. What do you suggest me to do?
Should I go ahead with the remaining steps or should I take the log first, post it here and then complete the remaining steps?

Thanks,
Pachi

it is best to complete all steps fro 1 to 15. after which you will need to post every log that is required, hjt,combofix,vundofixavg antispyware and rootkit etc.
post them as an attachment in txt form and not as a copy and paste.
it is important that the instructions are followed exactly. in addition, you must rename 'hijack this', eg, 'analyse this'. path should read C/programme files/hijackthis/analysethis v_2.exe

Hi pachik and welcome to techspot. =)

Do continue with the steps as tomrca advised and post 3 logs: HijackThis log, ComboFix log and AVG Antispyware log.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of pachik only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Logs attached

Hi,

I finished performing all the steps as mentioned in the thread. I have attached all the logfiles. Pls let me know wht I need to do next.

Thanks,
Pachik

Hi,

I'm afraid you have posted the wrong ComboFix file. I need ComboFix.txt which is found in C:\. Please post the log and I shall provide instructions for you to proceed.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of pachik only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back