HIS x800xl overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

deano3041

i have a HIS x800xl video card and it performs great but it has this massive cooler on it and i wondered what you guys thought i could get out of overclockin it and for that matter how to do it i have never overclocked a video card and have no idea how to do it........is it worth it?.......is it safe?.....should i do it? and how

thanx

First, check if the card is not very hot. Then you can download PowerStrip to overclock the card, but be careful, avoid overheating at all costs.
Overclocking is safe if you do it carefully, and if visual artefacts, like lines in the screen and other things appear, reduce the level of overclocking. Here is a link to PowerStrip:

http://entechtaiwan.net/files/pstrip.exe

If you decide to use it, let us know. I have used it and it works perfectly.
Happy new year! :)

you can also try ATiTool:
http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/

to better enhance ur videocards performance, try downloading a 'tweaked' driver. theres groups like Tweaks R Us or Omega or somethin that release such drivers. theres the same as the one u get from ATI or Nvidia but they tend to be a bit better in extra featuers and push just a LITTLE bit more out of ur card.

overclocking a video card is quite simple. jus basically up ur clock speeds and test for overheating or artifacts. Its generally safe up to the point that u go crazee over the clock speeds and push ur card to the limit. ALWAYS keep on eye on ur temps when ur cards overclocked and if u see even one little tiny artifact in ur screen/games.. quit the game right away and lower ur clock speeds.

to answer ur question 'is it worth it?' yea if ur a game freak. i mean, u can prolly push out a few more fps out of BF2 perse compared to stock speeds. if ur jus a regular gamer who doesnt even notice the difference in 30fps and 33fps.. then no.. best to stay where u are. the only time I personally would overclock is if my games gets below 25 fps. otherwise be on the safe side n jus leave ur card alone and game happily =]

Happy New Years! :wave:

truflip said:
you can also try ATiTool:
http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/

to better enhance ur videocards performance, try downloading a 'tweaked' driver. theres groups like Tweaks R Us or Omega or somethin that release such drivers. theres the same as the one u get from ATI or Nvidia but they tend to be a bit better in extra featuers and push just a LITTLE bit more out of ur card.

Happy New Years! :wave:
Can you plz post a link or links to these "groups"?

thanx

ok i have this atitool now what should i be doing finding the max core or the max mem i mean i have no idea what i am doing here and any ideas on a program that can monitor the temp or my video card and maybe even my cpu?

thanx

a good start with be Everest Home. jus google that and download it from sites other than www.lavalys.com because they dont offer that tool for download nemore.

Tweaks R Us.. jus google it =]
Omega.. jus google it =]

too lazee to grab my mouse and fine it in my bookmarks.. :unch:

ok i got everest

k i got everest.......great program now how do i overclock and i dont see any temps on everest????

i dont have Ati tool so u'll have to google some guides.. it shouldn't be that hard though.. jus look for the OC'ing tool in the program and jus up ur clocks by small amounts. maybe 5ghz at a time.. and test it.

for everest.. click Computer, then Sensor. if u see nothing there.. then maybe thats not the program for u. try using System Fan and/or MBM5

The X800XL should give you +45fps at any resolution & quality settings on any of the new games. You should not need to OC it.

If it does not give those speeds ... your system needs some optimisation.

really ruder? last time i checked the 6800GS was better than the X800XL.. and the 6800GS was on its knees with FEAR on high settings lol

And the 7800 GTX is better than ... which was not the point. How the X800XL performs was the point - see Tom's Hardware VGA Charts.

wo easy guys my x800xl mows bf2 down and guild wars and aoe3 i have no issues with it the only reason i want to overclock is for a new 3dmark03 score

Is your card locked

Hello,
I have the x850pro agb and I tried to OC it,did the same thing so I take its locked. With ati tool you can also read the temps from the card.I even loaded the bios from a x850xtpl raised the performance up 200 points by 3dmark2005.But I'm satisfied with the performance just like it is so I loaded the original bios back in.Got 6025 points.With the atitool I got my card at core speed 580 and the memory at 680.Watch out for the artifacts.With my card I had 8 pipes at the beginning,after I loaded the saffire 850 xtpl bios in it I have 12 pipelines now.Runs a little better at stock speeds.Nice cards,In the files from 3dmark2005 homepage archieve the 6800gt dont come close to it with the same mb and the same processor speed.Thought I will brag a little lol.See my gallery.By the way I have water cooler on my card. :hotbounce to control the heat.

truflip said:
i dont have Ati tool so u'll have to google some guides.. it shouldn't be that hard though.. jus look for the OC'ing tool in the program and jus up ur clocks by small amounts. maybe 5ghz at a time.. and test it.

for everest.. click Computer, then Sensor. if u see nothing there.. then maybe thats not the program for u. try using System Fan and/or MBM5
wow... I wish i had a video card that was soo good that 5 ghz increments were considered tiny. . . What make is this wonderful card, Truflip?

Hey METEL you have the same system that I have. The only thing that is different is my connect 3d x850pro and I have a preston 2.4 but OCt to 3.4 :) Had a MSI 9800pro before this card and was pushing 19850 pionts with this 3dmark2001.You should at least have this with your system :angel: Look at my gallery to see how I set my system up.

howdyhowy said:
Hey METEL you have the same system that I have. The only thing that is different is my connect 3d x850pro and I have a preston 2.4 but OCt to 3.4 :) Had a MSI 9800pro before this card and was pushing 19850 pionts with this 3dmark2001.You should at least have this with your system :angel: Look at my gallery to see how I set my system up.
thats funny. . . i am only getting 11500 3d marks in 3Dmark2001. . . 700 mhz in proc speed cant make that much difference. . . o and i heard that Northwoods are better OC'ers that Prescotts, so why can i not seem to push mine any higher that this. . .

LipsOfVenom said:
hehe we'll be increasing in Ghz anytyme now with the way technology is advancing these days.
for sure, for sure :haha:

MetalX you defenately need a water system to cool your system down. Because thats the only thing you dont have that I have.I build my water cooler myself from a heater core from a opel astra. Drilled out a couple of copper blocks with a gasket in between and for the chipset and grafic Card I soldered the drill holes.Not that hard with a machine shop that has the right tools. I got those points with my ati 9550se card 12300 with this 3dmark2001. Maybe we can compare our adjustments in Bios to see why you dont get the same performance that is if your not to proud to learn from others. :unch: :unch:

MetalX said:
wow... I wish i had a video card that was soo good that 5 ghz increments were considered tiny. . . What make is this wonderful card, Truflip?

lol typo :haha: supposed to be mhz.. wheres ur common sense? :unch:

howdyhowy said:
MetalX you defenately need a water system to cool your system down. Because thats the only thing you dont have that I have.I build my water cooler myself from a heater core from a opel astra. Drilled out a couple of copper blocks with a gasket in between and for the chipset and grafic Card I soldered the drill holes.Not that hard with a machine shop that has the right tools. I got those points with my ati 9550se card 12300 with this 3dmark2001. Maybe we can compare our adjustments in Bios to see why you dont get the same performance that is if your not to proud to learn from others. :unch: :unch:
CHeck my profile a bit harder. . . im 13 years old. I cant do much in that area.
O and sisnce i dont have a big budget, I cant seem to get ahold of a windows disk so I have now gone through two mobos without reloading windows. Lol. I know there are many on this site who would scold me for this but dont bother. I knok i need to do it sometime...

AND ! If your 13, it dont matter.Do you have hands ?? what does age got to do with learning. Do you want the answer to your performance problem or not .The ASUS p4p800 is a performance MB. I should know thats it a performance MB.OK, I'm 46 years old what the heck,My son was programming is own program on the Commodore 64 when he 7 or 8 .Like I said what does age have to do with learning. Would you like to play all games with your computer, you can with your computer if its setup right.A step by step directions would help you ,wouldn't it? Or is it your computer??? If its not then ok I wouldn't play in the bios from somebody's elses computer only if I had permission. Like I said I had thows performances with my 9559se that you have with a 9800pro.OCing wouldn't suggest it ,One thing at a time.There are so many things you have to watch out for when you OC. :wave: And also if you dont write in your age or birthdate then how can I see how old you are?? But before you try anything load up windows new,Its probably because of this that you have a slow computer :unch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back