Hisense launches 100-inch 4K 'Laser TV'

Shawn Knight

TechSpot Staff
Staff member

Hisense at the Consumer Electronics Show in January introduced its 4K Laser Cast TV. While it certainly looked impressive, it was also a bit deceptive as it technically wasn’t a television but rather, a short-throw projector.

On Wednesday, the Chinese electronics maker launched a follow-up to its earlier home entertainment solution.

The Hisense 100-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart Laser TV is essentially the same concept, a short-throw projector designed to deliver large-screen visuals without the hassles typically associated with projectors. According to Hisense, it doesn’t require a special darkened environment or “cumbersome” equipment.

At the heart of the system is a Texas Instruments DLP 4K UHD DMD chip and Smart Motion Plus technology that’s capable of rendering images faster than an LED-based set. The unit is rated at 3,000 lumens with a 20,000-hour lifespan and features a built-in TV tuner and a smart TV platform.

Video is projected onto a 100-inch anti-glare screen courtesy of Screen Innovations.

The setup also includes a 110-watt, 2.1-channel audio system from Harman. Hisense says the system is comprised of five total speakers – two each in the left and right channels and a 6.5-inch wireless subwoofer.

The Hisense 100-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart Laser TV is available as of writing from select retailers and on Hisense’s website at an MSRP of $9,999.

Permalink to story.

wiyosaya

TS Evangelist
At $10K, I would think that most people who would buy this are not going to want the 2.1 speakers as they most likely possess a sound system that is far better than that. If I were to buy one of these, I would want a version without the 2.1 speakers.

hood6558

TS Evangelist
Hisense, for people with no sense (and too much money!) Comparable hardware available for half the $

Johnnyblaze1957

TS Enthusiast
Actually this is a good deal and if it lasts that long before you need a replacement then its a bargain that no doubt will get cheaper over the next couple of years. Considering in 2013 Samsung began selling an 85-inch 4K TV for $40,000 and now they are going to sell a tv that costs $ 150,000 that is 110 inchs big then the Hisense is cheap as chips.