Hissing Popping Clicking

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxom

ok heres the issue when im browsing the internet on some site i get clicking popping and hissing i also get theses annyoing sounds when i install some programs ....on the splash screen ive tried to reinstall my sound card used different speakers and even a diff sound card i compleatly wiped all my codecs and then reinstalled them nothing seams to help anybody got any ideas :knock:

one more thing

i also reformated my system nothing worked ..... someone help please the sound card is a soundblaster audigy 4 im sure that will help if you need anymore info let me know

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

Hissing Popping Clicking, sounds like my X :haha:

Need to know more about your system:
MoBo
cpu
psu
etc.
In the mean time.
Being this is a pci sound card, what pci slot do you put it in?
I recommend the one furthest from agp or bottom one.
You can also take a pencil eraser to the contacts on the sound card, lightly
rub or polish the gold contacts that slip into the pci slot. Be sure not to
get any eraser dust in the case or on the MoBo. Use some commpressed
air to blow out the slots on the MoBo. Re-assemble

Ok Thanks For The Advice

HERES ALL THE INFO I THINK YOU WANTED ....SCANED MY PC THEN COPY PASTE RESULTS HOPE THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED ...IF IT MAKES IT EASYER I HAVE YAHOO MSG WE CAL TALK REAL TIME ....THE CLICKING... DOSENT HAPPEN WHEN I PLAY GAMES OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT IT DOES IT SPECIFCLLY ON THE INTERNET ..INTERNET EXP OR ON CERTING SPLASH SCREENS TO INSTALL PROGS

Try FireFox
Much safer too. I don't know if this will solve the sound problems but it's a good step in the right direction.
Everest will give you solid info about your system and help us to help you.
Filling out your profile with the info from everest will also help in future posts' as well.

will do ....

im kinda new to asking for help on a forum ...not sure what info you would need and what would be bad to post

jaxom said:
im kinda new to asking for help on a forum ...not sure what info you would need and what would be bad to post
No problem..relax, you are in the right place. TechSpot is a very good place for newcomers and old timers.

Upper left corner of this page has "User Profile" give it a click, it is laid out for the most pertinant info.

i filled in the profile with all the info i could find/remember the sound card is on the futherest slot from agp

Fire Fox

wow that cleared it up a whole lot still there but not nearly as bad ..... i love fire fox now

refering to posts said:
Tedster said:
loose audio cable?

unshielded cables?
jaxom said:
the sound card is a soundblaster audigy 4
I am wondering about the shielding now too, being this is more a media center sound card. Or if the IR or remote control may have RF interference. Possibly power outlet/surge protector interference.
Have you checked into & installed the latest drivers?
B000BWD8NI.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back