Hitman Blood Money with messed up shadows, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

james_k1988

I recently bought Hitman blood money after playing the demo and really enjoying it. Now this problem occured in the demo as well, i was hopeing it was just a demo glitch but it seems i was wrong.

The problem is that shadows of all kinds can be seen from miles away, and that the the character (agent 47) seems transparent. To explain , say the detail on houses. I can see them from miles away, through walls. And small shadows like say on the ground, go through the character model, this also happens with special light affects as well, they go through walls and the character. To explan i took a quick screen

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/2770/hitxd8.png

Now i can turn the shadows off (would prefer not to have to though) but alot of effects still go throught he characters body. I have the latest patch for the game (which greatly helps performance for anyone else with this game and hasnt updated it)and my spec is in my sig.

Thanx

First I would try the usual suspects, reseat your card, and while you are at it, check the temps. Maybe try updating your drivers.

Do you only get graphical problems with this game? Or others as well? And does it happen right away? Are there any known issue with that Card and the Game?

Sean

Temps are fine. Got the latest drivers. This problem only happens with this game, never seen a problem like it before. Happens as soon as the map loads (aint played far enough to get onto next map to see if it happens there as well, i imagine it will). And i looked for any known issues but couldnt find any (known) ones

I see where your going though it seems like a imcompatibility issue, ill keep fiddiling with it and anyone let me know if there is a known reason for this

Thanx :D

Hallo James_k1988,I also can't play hitman bloodmoney due to a lot of graphical issues, transparent view,lightning like effect,very low frame rate etc,though i meet all system requirement,from ur thread it appears that u haven't got desired result after using the latest patch(i think it is v1.2 as seen on the net),i haven't yet used that patch,can u tell me how much improvement can i get from this patch,even if it's not enough?

hahaha yea right enough korrupt, that must be why the guys i assasinate call me a cheater before they die :p

And ani, as far as my graphical problem is concerened no it didnt fix it. But it made the game run alot smoother so i suggest you give it a try to help your framerate problem. Before, with the grafix set high (apart from shadows!) it ran and was playable, but a little choppy. I could tell it was having problems running it, but once i got the patch it runs perfect, no choppyness whatsoever. I recommend it in your case ani ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back