hitting 'delete' takes me to logoff screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

k.jacko

Hi all,
had a user report to me this morning saying that just hitting the 'delete' key whilst doing anything, be it; typing in word, just hanging around the desktop or whatever, takes her to the logoff screen. I investigated and surely enough it did.
So, with my expertise in I.T...... i bashed her keyboard and fixed the problem :)

"Great, thanks!" She said "now can you come to my house and do the same?"

To which i scratched my head. She was logged in to our terminal server at work when she bought the problem to me (all users work off TS). BUT, she also logs in remotely from home and this problem has happened there too.
So, i'm thinking that maybe there is an alternative shortcut to the logoff screen and somehow, specifically to her profile (as no one else has reported this problem) she has accidentally accessed it. And maybe, me bashing the keyboard has hit this 'secret' shortcut and reverted it back.......but i'm not sure!

Anyone any ideas please?

Thanks

ps....terminal server is windows server 2003

have you looked at startup and shut down setting? tried a different keyboard? has the correct keyboard been installed? an finally what about coffee/liquid in the keyboard

tomrca said:
have you looked at startup and shut down setting? tried a different keyboard? has the correct keyboard been installed? an finally what about coffee/liquid in the keyboard

Certainly can't be the keyboard, as she has the problem at home on a different keyboard.
To be honest i never knew the logoff keyset was/is customisable in windows. So am not sure where to look to find out.
Even if she was using a customisable keyboard with a customisable logoff button, its still not the same keyboard she uses at home.

stumped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back