HJT File - Looking for Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a home network with the following:

2wire DSL router
Desktop connecting wirelessly
Laptop connecting wirelessly and sometimes wired
Desktop connected wired

The wired desktop stopped being able to get onto the network one day. Verified it is not the cable, the router or the dsl service.

Installed a new card and have same problem on both cards. They show connected in network connections, but no packets passing back and forth. They can not get an Ip address. When I try ipconfig from a command prompt, error message says An Internal Error Occurred: The request is not supported"

I did some searching on that error and came up with the idea that my tpip.sys may be corrupt.

Following the advice in the thread, I downloaded HJT and am now posting teh file here to see if anyone can spot any issues. If my tpip.sys is corrupt, how could I repair it?

Discovered I must post 3 times before uploading a file, so I will add to this post.

Must have 2 more submissions before I can upload my HJT file

Must have 1 more submissions before I can upload my HJT file

Here is my HJT file

first off, rename hijackthis.exe to something like analyze.exe because some spyware can hide from the program, and re-run a new scan and post the report please

*edit__ if possible, make sure to update your JAVA version (currently java 6 update 3) so that no spyware will be able to infect the files of the earlier versions

New Scan

I renamed my executable and ran another scan. I am attaching the file. I'm not sure how I can upgrade my Java version without connectivity, but I will give it a try.

Forgive me for being paranoid, but what file are you sending me? Why can't you PM me? Sorry, I don't want to seem ungrateful for the help.

the file of the new java version

make sure to uninstall the old versions after installing the new one

*edit__while sending you the e-mail, it comes back as undeliverable and says "The following addresses had permanent fatal errors" so I'm thinking that I can't send you the file...hm........

Looking at lines 017 in the hjt file, I don't recognize the IP referenced there. Does it raise any flags?

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{24C35E9D-43DE-47B3-8C8D-C6AC403DF807}: NameServer = 202.40.169.30
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{24C35E9D-43DE-47B3-8C8D-C6AC403DF807}: NameServer = 202.40.169.30

Unfamiliar IPs

202.40.169.30 is not an IP I recognize. I searched on it and found a site that says it is a public DNS server.

http://213.186.46.158/~willemijns/dns.htm

I don't know what to make of it. I was officially over my head a while ago on this problem.

Never having used HJT before, how bad would it be if I backed up and then removed these lines?

not real sure, let me PM a sys admin and see what they have to say...BTW, did you check your e-mail cuz I sent you the install file for the new JAVA version

The Ip in the 017 entries in your HJT log are from:

address: Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd
address: 16/F Warwick House, Taikoo Place
address: 979 King's Road
address: Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
address: Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd
address: 16/F Warwick House, Taikoo Place
address: 979 King's Road
address: Quarry Bay, Hong Kong

If you don`t recognise them, have HJT fix them.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back