HJT log and another question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelsie

I haven't done a cleaning in a very long time because I hadn't been on the computer in awhile.
I began one today and while I was running Ad-Aware AVG caught a Trogan. I have four Trojans in my virus vault at the moment. Two form last year and two from this year. I was wondering if I could wipe the objects or do they have to stay in there?
Other than that, just checking in to make sure the HJT log is clean

You`re using an outdated version of HijackThis. See HERE for the latest version.

Your HJT log is clean.

Delete all files in your AVG antivirus vault.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Chelsie only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Alright, I downloaded the new version.
Also, I got rid of media monkey awhile ago because it messes with my computer. But now I can't seem to actually get rid of it COMPLETELY. When I recieve a file over AIM, and I go to click on it in downloads, it wants to open with MediaMonkey instead of Winamp. I don't have MediaMonkey on here anymore and if I do, I want it GONE. Think you can help lol?
P.S. New Hijack this log attached incase it's somewhere in there so I can removie it.

Your HJT log is clean.

Open Winamp.

Click start/all programmes/set programme access and defaults/custom/Use my current media player/ok. Close winamp

See if that helps.

This thread is for the use of Chelsie only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Alright did that.
That didn't work so then I set it to Winamp (because that was an option). When I go into my documents, then download and then cick on a song that I want to play in winamp, it won't play in winamp. So then I right click on it and there are three options for MediaMonkey even though MediaMonkey isn't here anymore.

Ok, try this and see if it helps.

Click start/run and type regedit into the run box and press the enter key. When the window appears maximise it. Click file/export and save a copy of your registry to wherever you want.

Click edit and choose find. Type MediaMonkey into the dialogue box and click the find next button. Regedit will now search your registry for any entries that contain a reference to MediaMonkey and display them in the righthand pane. Right click on any such MediaMonkey entries and choose delete.

Now click edit again and choose find next. Again, delete any entries that reference MediaMonkey.

Repeat the above, until no more MediaMonkey entries are found.

Close regedit and reboot your system.

Okay, so did all of that (haven't rebooted yet, though) and on the second to last time I clicked find next it said something about how it couldn't open the key of mediamonkey or whatever. So I clicked okay and went to next. It didn't do it again, but I have no idea what that was about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back