HJT log assistance required

Status
Not open for further replies.
wondering if you computer boffins can help??

the family computer has started redirecting to sansujo.com when using google.. also we get lots and lots of pop-ups and task manager doesn't work either!

I have done some of my own research as I like to sort problems out my self by looking at forums etc..

so looking at one of techspots forums I saw a similar problem and you asked them to send you a log from hijack this.

and so I thought I would attach one to this to see if you can help...

I must admit I was gonna try and fix some of the files myself but I am not sure which ones so I think I should leave them decisions to you!

obviously it would be easy to just clear the computer completely but my sister is working on her dissertation at the moment and doesn't want me to incase we loose any of her important files otherwise I wouldn't have bothered you as I realise you are probably really busy!!

thankyou very much for your time I look forward to hearing from you!

yours faithfully,

Paul Swindell.

Hello and welcome to TechSpot.

Your system is extremely infected. If I was you, I'd probably back up all my important files, then reformat and reinstall from scratch. If you need to back up Microsoft Word documents, though, you should copy all the text over into Wordpad and save it as a rich text file. You can't back up .doc files from an infected computer because they can harbor malicious macros.

Anyway, please go and read this thread and then let me know how you wish to proceed.

Regards :)

This thread is for the use of swindee only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in the Security and the Web forum.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

To confirm what kitty500cat has said, your system is absolutely riddled with malware.

A reformat is probably in order and would be the easiest way to clean your system.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of swindee only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back